Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Jack, i've just been told that I should better measure the voltage at higher and fixed RPMs (~2000). And that lower voltage at idle engine speed is normal. It should be something between 13.8-14.3 at working engine. What do you think?
Anyway, I will check that only tomorrow as my engine is already cold.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Jack, i've just been told that I should better measure the voltage at higher and fixed RPMs (~2000). And that lower voltage at idle engine speed is normal. It should be something between 13.8-14.3 at working engine. What do you think?
Anyway, I will check that only tomorrow as my engine is already cold.
Engine temperature doesn't affect the charging voltage its the outside air temperature. If the outside air temperature is high the charging voltage is automatically reduced slightly to reduce the amount of gas produced in the battery cells.

The engine revs dont have much effect on the alternator charging voltage either. It should still give a good output at idling. (possibly just slightly lower).

Its the erratic readings that look strange to me. Have you got a voltmeter you can try on it rather than use the EVIC display.

Ive just checked my cars EVIC display of voltage and mine is absolutely steady at 14.6Volts when idling or at high revs. Just a slight drop down to 14.5 volts once every few seconds.

Unless you have a different software version on your EVIC display which makes it erratic.

Jack

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Jack thanks again for your help!

I was talking about cold engine just because I don't want to gas on it (not so good for engine)...
Don't know about the EVIC version but I also remember higher values at winter moths. Something like 14.6.
I have a voltmeter, perhaps I would take the readings tomorrow but I don't suppose the EVIC is not so true. What I agree with you its +/- 0.1V range cycles. Its should be 99% the electronic error reading. But that is normal.

Anyway, I should inspect the alternator. I suppose that worn brushes do the problem...

·
Registered
3 Posts
HID controll modul: thanka guys even me had problem with my stereo turning of and on, dissconected the HID modul and it now works THANKS guys. Looks like its interfers at a lot of places. George

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had problems with stereo coming on and of dissconected the HID modul and now looks like stereo bluthoth work fins thanks guys. George

Hi everyone!

I am having some problems with my headlights recently...

And I have discovered an interesting fact that if I disconnect the HID auto-leveling module it does nothing to the leveling regulation system. So, when I start my engine my headlights still move their bulbs up and down with no problem if I bounce my front end. In other words, unplugging this module does absolutely nothing to my car's lights!

Could you please explain me the need of that module in such case? What does it to the HIDs?
The part number on the sticker is 04806086AE and HID Translator Module is written on it.

[/QUOTE]

21 - 25 of 25 Posts