Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently installing my new HID's on my 05 300c. The low beams went in no problem, but the fogs turned on for about 30 seconds then suddenly stopped. Unlike the lows the fogs did not come with a capacitator. Is one needed for the fogs or does anyone have any idea why else it wouldn't work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, use capacitors for both. Some here have not and it worked for them, but even Stealth Auto has said to use caps on both lows and fogs.
Do your foglights warm up to full light output before going out or are they flickering? And will they fire up if you turn them off and then back on?
Secondly, what brand or seller HID kit are you using?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, use capacitors for both. Some here have not and it worked for them, but even Stealth Auto has said to use caps on both lows and fogs.
Do your foglights warm up to full light output before going out or are they flickering? And will they fire up if you turn them off and then back on?
Secondly, what brand or seller HID kit are you using?

They are from Hidgate, the E-bay seller that it seems everyone has been using lately. When I turn them on, they do fine for about 15 seconds and then go out. If i turn them off for about 5 minutes and then try to turn them back on they stay lit for 15 seconds and turn off again. I went out and installed caps on them and the same problem is still happening so now i am more confused than ever.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's who I got my HIDs from, I have caps on both lows and fogs. I also had a problem with the lows and I found out that I had bad bulb that would not ignite. They honored their waranty and sent me a new bulb. E-mail them and see if they can help, or send you a set of digital harnesses.
Excuse my ramblings, had a long night....

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Your fogs do not need capacitors. Are both lights shutting off at the same time or are they turning off intermittently?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
That is honestly strange. All I can tell you from my experience with the 300c is that our customers that have installed our products do not use capacitors and the lights work just fine. On another note though, our kits come with relay harnesses that power the ballasts directly from the battery as opposed to from the OEM headlight harness.

Good luck,

Steve

·
Registered
979 Posts
did you reverse the plugs to get these hids to work? if so you have to reverse the capacitor as well because the negative wire is now positive positive is now negative. This sounds like your problem and is very common.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
todd, none of our customers have had to use a capacitor when installing our kits in the fogs on this vehicle. Wierd.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you reverse the plugs to get these hids to work? if so you have to reverse the capacitor as well because the negative wire is now positive positive is now negative. This sounds like your problem and is very common.
I did have to reverse the plugs, and the unit did not come w/ capacitors. Soooo I bought a bunch from radio shack and insalled them both ways on both sides and they still shut off after 15 seconds at the exact same time. The "fog light on" light on my dash goes out at this time, and when pressed does not turn back on until my car has been turned off for a few minutes. They were ordered from HIDGATE, and i sent them an e-mail a few days ago detailing the problem with no response yet...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts