Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Chrysler 300 srt8 and it came factory with hid’s am I able to just put the led headlights in and they will work or do I have to get a special wiring harness?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a 2014 Chrysler 300 srt8 and it came factory with hid’s am I able to just put the led headlights in and they will work or do I have to get a special wiring harness?
Most LED retrofit kits are meant to replace halogen units. You'd have to check with the manufacturer or vendor to see if they have a HID-compatible kit, that would include a replacement harness or work with the one you've got.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,476 Posts
I would think you'd have to remove the HID ballasts and replace that part of the wiring loom. Though question - why do you want to replace HIDs?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know on the headlight revolution website, you can select that it came with hid, and still replace with led. So I would assume some are direct swap.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,715 Posts
This extract from the Service Manual describes one of the many functions of the Front Control Module:

"• Minimizes voltage variations to the headlamps to extend bulb life and to equalize the light output from the lamps, which might otherwise differ due to variations in wiring resistance."

Can you be sure that this function will work correctly with LEDs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't forget the HiDs are running at 300 volts, you will need to remove the ballasts. I don't understand why you would want to downgrade your lights? Are they too bright? You can get different kelvin bulbs if you don't like the colour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts