Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been installing lights for years but I still can not figure out the issue with Mopar's. I know that HIDs operate with Xenon gas & do not have filament like regular light bulbs. I know most cars computer system look for a filament bulb. I use the error code correctors & anti-flicker bypass relay with the resistor on it. The lights work fine but every now & then when the lights turn on one of them would be out. But, once I turn them & back on they both turn on. So, I was wondering if I should add a voltage regulator because I'm assuming the headlights aren't drawing enough power to power the HIDs even though I have a relay drawing direct power from the battery. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
The ballasts should allready have voltage regulators and overcurrent protection built in.

Why not swap lamps or ballasts one at a time and if that doesnt solve the problem possible bad connection. I assume all the wires arecsized correctley.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ballasts should allready have voltage regulators and overcurrent protection built in.

Why not swap lamps or ballasts one at a time and if that doesnt solve the problem possible bad connection. I assume all the wires arecsized correctley.
Seems To Do It With Other Ballast Too. .

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
All you can do is swap bits from side to side until you find out what's wrong really. If the fault never swaps sides after you've swapped everything you will have confirmed you have a wiring or connection problem.

You haven't said that you have swapped the lamps over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts