Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring model with a pair of OEM halogen headlight. I want to upgrade my headlight system, but I don't know which one I should do? Should I do the HID conversion kit or replace my OEM headlight units with aftermarket projector?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Same debate I am having... most say the stock housings on the 300 are not really well designed for the simple HID upgrade. I think a few threads on here about scattered light patterns have swayed me in the direction of just getting projectors and then adding HID bulbs behind them. Since I drive and need my headlights and not just for looks I want something to improve my vision and the projector upgrade seems to be the way to get form and function.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i've seen both done with cars in our local LX car club.

the ones that look and function the best are the aftermarket projector upgrade and then a HID conversion kit.

a friend in the club installed a HID kit in his stock base headlights, then upgraded the headlights to projectors.

if you can, projectors are the way to go.

·
Registered
158 Posts
most aftermarket projectors use h1 bulbs so make sure if you are going to do both, get the projectors first so you dont have to buy the bulbs twice

·
Registered
158 Posts
this is the regular halogen housing with hid

aftermarket hid and aftermarket projectors after some modifications to the bulbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts