Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put some Phillips HIDs into my Mark VIII and love them. The car has got the worst headlights of anything I've ever driven and I can see at night for the first time since I bought the car. However, everytime my headlights come on the car's "information center" tells me my lights need to be checked. My guess was that the HIDs changed the load on the harness and made the car think it has bad headlights (maybe)??

I was wondering if there is any way I can make the car think it has working headlights or if I have to live with it until I sell the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Try a wire harness with capacitor's like Stealth sells, or you can wire in some capacitors from Radio Shack.

·
Registered
436 Posts
my 96 limited explorer says the same thing, the computer expects the headlights to pull 55w but HIDs only pull 35W thus causes the computer to think the headlights are bad.

i havent done anything with it because all i have to do is hit reset and it goes away..i've delt with it like that for over 2 years lol

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my 96 limited explorer says the same thing, the computer expects the headlights to pull 55w but HIDs only pull 35W thus causes the computer to think the headlights are bad.

i havent done anything with it because all i have to do is hit reset and it goes away..i've delt with it like that for over 2 years lol
Yeah, that's what I've been doing with my car too.
But since I'll be selling it for a 300c as soon as I find the "perfect" one, I think it would be a better selling point to have upgraded headlights with a computer that doesn't complain everytime the lights are turned on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts