1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
they come with either or. Mine came with hid but ive seen otheres with halogen

·
Registered
11 Posts
how do I know if i have hid's or halogens?

I'm looking at buying big halos (angel eyes) on ebay right now. I'm wondering if these will be brighter than what came stock. Anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
how do I know if i have hid's or halogens?

I'm looking at buying big halos (angel eyes) on ebay right now. I'm wondering if these will be brighter than what came stock. Anyone know for sure?
Look at the window sticker to see if it has HID?

Actually, you would know if it had HID they are extremely bright and the light output is very white and they turn on "slowly" they are not instant on like halogen, they warm up and it may take 10/20 seconds to acheive full brightness.

So you would know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No window sticker, I bought the car used. The lights are very bright and that was my concern. I like the looks of the halo's but I don't want them if they're not brighter than what I currently have. Are there any physical characteristics I can look for to determine if they're HID's? I looked at the bulb and they look like typical halogens that I can buy at any part store.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Like I said,

With High Intensity Discharge lamps there is a "warm up" time. They do not turn on at full brightness, the warm up is unmistakeable, if you have HID's you KNOW it..

Other than that, you can check the owners manual and see if you have the appropriate (I beleive) 50 amp fuse in the right location of the fuse box. Also you can peer at the back of the headlamp modules I'm not sure if you can see it or not, but if it had HID it would have ballasts to ignite the Xenon gas in the bulb.

Also,

Welcome aboard! Nice to see another Tree Hundred runnin around Tha Burg! :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you can't tell if you have HIDs or not, don't be planning on installing the halos yourself.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
light blue = 300c hid,
light output like other everyday cars = halogen

the above is when you look at the projector of the headlight when the lights are one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can look at the back of the headlight housing, the ballast is mounted to the back of the headlight. If you have a metal box (you got HIDs), no box (no HIDs).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so my light are a bluish tint, they do take a few seconds to warm up, BUT i do not have that lil metal box where the light bulb is. the bulb is a black and looks like any other bulb from the back. sooooo do i have:
1. HID projectos with reg. bulbs
2. or halogen projectors with halogen bulbs

would i be able to just get the 8000k bulbs and conect them to the harness thats on there now??

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
ok so my light are a bluish tint, they do take a few seconds to warm up, BUT i do not have that lil metal box where the light bulb is. the bulb is a black and looks like any other bulb from the back. sooooo do i have:
1. HID projectos with reg. bulbs
2. or halogen projectors with halogen bulbs

would i be able to just get the 8000k bulbs and conect them to the harness thats on there now??
The little metal box (ballast) is under/bottom side of the headlight housing. From what you describe you have hid bulbs. As for the bulbs i dont see why it wouldnt be possible but maybe someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow i feel dumb, yea i got confused and was looking in the wrong place. i do have hid bulbs. thanks for the wake up call

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
no worries, glad to clear it up for ya :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts