Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all im new to this site but i have owned a chrysler 300c and loved it however my friend bought one and has issues with the headlights. for which he turned to me to for help. but its been a while since i owned mine and i cant answer his question so im hoping you can help.

his chrysler 300c headlights are really high to the point it blinds everyone coming his way, infact there dazzled so much they hit the kurb!

so i had a look and i couldnt find the problem at all! so il tell you what i did in exact order and hopfully someone out there can help me or even infact agree on the behavoir on the self leveling system.

the ignition off, headlights turned ON, headlights go DOWN, THEN UP THEN CENTRE.
HEADLIGHTS OFF, IGNITION ON, HEADLIGHTS MOVE UP, DOWN THEN CENTRE (headlights not lite)
car running, turn headlights ON, headlights stay in sittu DONT MOVE.

everything seems fine they go up and down very quick and smooth.
THE PROBLEM IS THIS..... IF YOU PUSH DOWN ON FRONT DRIVERS WING THE HEADLIGHTS GO UP, LIFT ARCH UP HEADLIGHTS GO DOWN BUT THEY GO DOWN IN STAGES NOT A SMOOTH OPPERATION LIKE THEY DO WHEN JUST BATTERY!

I WOULD LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO DO THE EXACT TEST ON THERE CHRYSLER 300C AND SEE IFF THERE HEADLIGHTS WHEN ENGINE RUNNING GO DOWN IN STAGES OR SMOOTH RUNNING.
OR IF YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!

THE ONLY THING HE HAS DONE RECENTLY IS PUT DRL'S ON THE CAR. THEY ARE FITTED TO A PERMINANT 12V SOURCE I.E BATTERY. HOWEVER AS THESE ARE IN THE BOOT HE HAS CONNECTED THEM TO THE POSITIVE BUZZ BAR AT FRONT OF CAR AND THE EARTH STRAP NEXT TO IT.
HOWEVER I DISCONNECTED THESE LIGHTS AND PROBLEM PERSISTS.
PLEASE HELP.:frown:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts