Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a flicker problem with my hid kit on my car as well as my fiance's grand cherokee. I've heard of an anti flicker relay you can purchase and just splice into the wiring.anyone know where I can get this item from for a fair price that isnt a pain in the rear to install since my battery is in the trunk?
thanks

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I'm having a flicker problem with my hid kit on my car as well as my fiance's grand cherokee. I've heard of an anti flicker relay you can purchase and just splice into the wiring.anyone know where I can get this item from for a fair price that isnt a pain in the rear to install since my battery is in the trunk?
thanks
Hi Ward. I don't personally know anything about these HID kits, but there are many threads about this flickering problem. Apparently you need a capacitor which can be bought from Radio Shack.

This is probably the most recent thread and there is some discussion about this. There's also a few pics of what the harness looks like and where the capacitor goes. I'm sure others with personal knowledge of how to do it will be chiming in.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/lighting-discussion/52064-great-hids-ebay-seller-hidgate.html

There's a ton of threads with better pics I'm sure. Just do a search for "HID flicker" or similar terms.

Bernie

·
Registered
566 Posts
Your going to need a relay kit and capacitors to stop the flickering.

You can get relay kits on ebay, and capacitors from stealth auto

Here is the link to the capacitors at stealthauto.com:

HID Anti Flicker Capacitor

Heres a picture of the relay kit. Just type '9006 relay kit' on ebay.

HIDRelayWireHarness (Small).jpg Click to enlarge.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just used the capacitors, there was no need for the relay on mine.
Yeah, some people need a relay kit, some don't. I did. I've also heard running a relay kit will prolong the life of the ballasts. Since I got my relay kit for free, I had no reason not to use it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help guys,what is the capacitor exactly?

·
Registered
979 Posts
hit up your local radio shack to get the parts unibomber mentioned.

In short a capacitor is something that can hold power for when you need it. In the HID case it requires a lot of power to fire the hids up initally. thats the laymans terms of what its doing, no need to go into depth and confuse a forum brotha.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where do you splice in the capacitor?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks TODD you the man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts