Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new here, sorry if this has already been covered. Have an 08 300 2.7 and want to upgrade the lighting. I have stock halogens and looking for the bright white look that new cars have. From the research I’ve done, I can tell that both HID and LED have their pros and cons. I also read that they are best suited for projectors halo headlights. Can I get away with having the stock housing or should I go with the projectors? Second question is any recommendations on projectors preferably on the cheaper end (i.e. eBay)? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am doing the same as you and searching how to find out if i have halogen or xenon, so as you can see, i am a step behind you, as i can't even figure it out what i have….
How can you tell for sure what is installed?
How do you exactly know you have halogens or xenon?
With the pic attached from my headlights, can you tell just looking at it?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks a lot MADDOG for your help, and combine to that i could ask a dealer and the answer is apparently in the last 8 digits of the VIN number….
It came back that unfortunately i have HID.... Nice but not offering a lot of options as far as i can see for other upgraded models….

So now, question is: How to move back from HID to halogens versions?
Is it worth doing this?

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
Just upgrade your bulbs. Your stock bulbs are 4300K, pretty weak and yellow looking compared to a 6000K or 6500K. I upgraded my stock HID bulbs to 6500K (nice white light, very clean cutoff) and never looked back.

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
No, I doubt your fogs are HID.

You could go LED or upgrade to HID. LEDs would be plug and play but installing HIDs in the fogs means pulling the front fascia to wire them in and mount the ballasts.

I had my front fascia off to install the Grip grill and wire mesh behind the grill openings so it was a good time to do the fog HID upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts