Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, folks, new to the forum and to Chrysler. Vehicle is 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited and Im just wondering if I have the HID lighting? Cant seem to find any information anywhere. The lights are bright white but I was wanting the cool blue lighting and wondered if I can replace just the lamps or do I need a complete kit?
Thanx, folks!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi JC, welcome to the forum from Scotland. I am not too well acquainted with the N American spec'd cars so I wouldn't like to comment on your problem. However you will find lots of help on here from very many helpful and friendly people. Enjoy your new car and post up some photos.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Vehicle is 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited and Im just wondering if I have the HID lighting?
Let me add my welcome! :arms: I'm kinda new myself, but this is a great place populated with a lot of great owners and info.

From what I can find on the Chrysler website, HIDs are not available on the '08 Limiteds, so I believe you've got the projector halogens. You'd have to go with a replacement kit. If you have the window sticker it would list HIDs as a standard equipment piece or in the options, if it were available there but don't think it is.

Several supporting vendors offer kits in a wide range of prices. You can search the Vendor forums here. Many here are have been satisfied also with kits they've gotten off eBay. Good luck!

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Welcome JC!!! Yep, fadertoo is right that the Limited doesn't have HID's. There is plenty of information here on conversions too. Have a look through the many threads about HID's in the Lighting forum - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/lighting-discussion/. You'll soon see how common a mod this is and what vendors others are using.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Rambit pointed you in the right direction.... about 400 threads on HIDs in there..

Let us know if you need more help by posting a new thread where appropriate and we'll see if we can straighten you out!

Glad to have you here!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome to the forums, JC! Congratulations on the purchase of your new 2008. Looks like members have already posted some good info. for you.

bruno

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good to see another 2008 Limited. The 08 limited window stickers reads as:

"Halogen Projector Headlamps with Delay Feature"

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome to the board! :)

If you have HID's from the factory you can simply swap bulbs. From what I know most Limiteds have halogens from the factory.

Let me know if you have any questions about HID kits, I'll be glad to help.

-Aaron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanx, all for the welcomes. Aaron, thanx, ive been to your site and have some things in-line right now, mainly the clear side markers, those are cool! Ill research the HID kits and get back to you in the right forum.
Thanx, again, all!
beinc, beautiful, nice clean lines I want to stay conservative with any mods, nothing gaudy.
CUEBALL, nice removal of the side molding, I might look into that!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
CUEBALL, nice removal of the side molding, I might look into that!

Thanks! I debated removing it for two years, had bought all the supplies for two months.. finally said " It's only a couple hundred bucks if I don't like it" and ripped it off... I had looked at other cars with it removed and didn't like it gone from a lighter color, but mine is darker and looks good in person..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts