Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does my car stock have HID's or Halogens? Everytime I read a little about this, I get really confused hah.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well, what colour is the light that comes out off the bulbs? does it look light blue or does it look amberish. Daytime would probably be easier and look at the bulb from an angle.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
then it looks like you hid my friend.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If yours its a 2005 as seen on your user info, then verify if it have the headlamp washer. If positive you have the HID's.

Also, if you look at the back of the headlamp assembly and its a black rubber lid covering it you also have the HID's.

Does my car stock have HID's or Halogens? Everytime I read a little about this, I get really confused hah.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
without getting pulled over, nothing more then 10000K, id go with 8000K to be safe.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
call the folks at advanced automotive concepts or stealth auto. They should be able to help you out. I have bought from advanced automotive concepts and they have great customer service and are really helpful over the phone. As for Stealth I havent bought anything from them yet but am in the process of doing so and they are great as well.

Advanced - 1-800-407-5776
Stealth - 1-888-978-3258

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Sounds like you do have HID's :)

I suggest going with an 8000k bulb at most because anything above that will surely draw unwanted attention, especially from the police.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm always glad to help.

Sincerely,

Aaron

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but looked like the right place to post my question. I have just purchased my 2005 300C a week ago and I'm fairley sure I have stock HID lights. I make this assumption, because the lights are like no other car i've owned before (more of a pure white light). If they are the stock HID lights, what kind of bulb would it be? 6000/8000/10000?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums. From what I've been told it is a 4300 or 4500K bulb that comes in the D1S size bulb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks!
One other question then. Being's that its stock HID, would switching the bulb to a higher intensity cause any problems. Say like an 8000? Should it be as simple as just swapping out the bulbs?

thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
GP Thunder HID

Has anyone had any success with the GP Thunder 6000K HID's. They are lot less expensive than other bulbs that are out there. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts