Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Jeff, thanks again for the mats. I have another question/order for you. I want to get the SRT wheels as soon as possible. Also, I want to get some HID's put in my C. which would you reccomend, is there any modifications necessary or will they fit right in, and how much do they cost.
I had a great experience with Wyckoff and your service that I will happily order from you guys again.
Kidcoastal

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
kidcoastal said:
. Also, I want to get some HID's put in my C. which would you reccomend, is there any modifications necessary or will they fit right in, and how much do they cost. Kidcoastal

We should work together on the HID. I have found a Japan Domestic market importer that stocks the 9006XS HID retrofit kits for the 300c and Jeep Grand Cherokee. They need to be wired to the sidemarker lights as opposed to the stock lowbeam harness. The lowbeam power fluctuates down to 8 volts and makes the HID's flicker and pulse. I have seen 2 people succussfully pull off the HID retrofit, once on a magnum and once on a 300c. Most everyone else has had issues due to the voltage fluctuation.

Other than tapping into the sidemarker power harness, there are no other modifications and we should be able to pull off the installation ourselves. Most aftermarket shops won't touch HID retrofits with a 10 foot pole because they are illegal.

The kits I have found are 8300k color temp. Here is an example of how they look:

How comfortable are you with splicing into your wiring harness? I've been considering tackling this mod, but 2 heads may be better than one. I've got full photo documentation and the posts saved for reference also.

I believe they are $625.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rogue...
Wow, I had no idea it was so complicated! I assume then that there is no "pop in" replacement HIDs available?
I truly know nothing about these except how much better you can see at night. SO if it's something possibly illegal, expensive, and difficult to install, I may have to re-assess the idea.
SI

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I believe all HID kits are illegal in the states by DOT. The problem with the kits is that the beam and light will blind oncoming traffic. The actual HID's adjust and level the beam so the beam is flat and cut where as a aftermarket kit has no cut off and light goes everywhere. Unless it's the OEM xenon system that comes with the 300C, your pretty much going be wasting money on a illegal HID kit that will blind on coming traffic.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
The wheels are still not available. Just keep reminding me every couple weeks and I will gladly check it for you. The HID headlamps retail for a $1,000 each. And I do not believe they are a "plug-in" application. The wiring harness may or may not be different. There really is no way to tell for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Tried To Place An Order

wyckoffchryslerparts.com said:
The wheels are still not available. Just keep reminding me every couple weeks and I will gladly check it for you. The HID headlamps retail for a $1,000 each. And I do not believe they are a "plug-in" application. The wiring harness may or may not be different. There really is no way to tell for sure.
JEFF, I went online to place an order for the dark slate 24oz mats, the silver beverage tumbler, the 300c billet key tags, the car cover, and the 300c dog tag. I cancelled the process because the dog tag link did not have a "add to cart" button so I could not add it to my order so I decided to let you know rather than pay twice for shipping. What do I need to do to complete my order?

·
Registered
57 Posts
has anyone ever found out what is envolved with direct fit and the wiring? anyone have a picture of the headlight wiring that is needed to plug and play with the factory HID from Non-HID any pic's or help would be great,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Dodge Magnum RT and let me tell you, hell yes we need to come up with a relay fix. I can see using the marker lights to trigger the relay, But lets not stop trying. It buggs me to not be able to turn just my marker lights without the HID's you know? and then you have the headlight part of your switch that does nothing....I am a General Engineer and I have been searching and thinking of a way to use the factory headlight switch to trigger the relay. DONT give up guys we can do it!!! Here is what I have tried so far. Please post enything you have tried also.

I have tried running an extra ground wire to the ground wire on the relay
I have tried a different relay mfgr. 40amp
I have tried removing the relay and jumping the factory headlight wires to the HID feed through the relay harness.
I have tried standing on one foot, pointing my left index finger to the sky and with my right hand on one of the ballast's saying "work you piece of ****" (lol)
I have read that with these types of relays you sometimes need need to put a diod or resistor from relay lug 85 to relay lug 86? This will be my next task. But its going to be a while before I can get to radio shack. Go ahead guys beat me to it....

Hope this help you fello members. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also as far a splicing into your marker lights, You sould strip back the insulation and solder your splice in, This is the most secure and reliable connection. after you solder it it just tape it up with electrical tape and you know it's secure and vibration proof.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Dodge MagnumHID said:
Has anyone bought the Halo Projector Headlights on ebay for the Dodge Magnum? I know this is a Chrysler 300 forum but just checking.
There's a huge thread on lxforums.com about them.. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts