Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I got my HID's from stealth auto a couple weeks ago and theyre really nice. However, when I press unlock twice and the headlights are supposed turn on, both dont always turn on. Just today I turned the fogs on and only one came on. If I turn them off for a second and fire them back up they work. Anyone know whats going on?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
it's a power draw issue. the solution is to NOT have your lights come on when you unlock the doors (disable in the EVIC).

my fogs used to do this 1-5 times. i installed a relay harness and now they don't do it at all.

it's a really minor problem and as long as they both come on when you cycle them off/on, then it's no big deal.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a power draw issue. the solution is to NOT have your lights come on when you unlock the doors (disable in the EVIC).

my fogs used to do this 1-5 times. i installed a relay harness and now they don't do it at all.

it's a really minor problem and as long as they both come on when you cycle them off/on, then it's no big deal.
Thanks, I assume the instructions to disable the lights are in the manual? That kinda sucks that you cant really fix it. I supposedly have the new (second gen ?) capacitors that stealth auto makes, so im surprised this happens for that reason (im not doubting you hah). When you say relay harness, what exactly is that?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks, I assume the instructions to disable the lights are in the manual? That kinda sucks that you cant really fix it. I supposedly have the new (second gen ?) capacitors that stealth auto makes, so im surprised this happens for that reason (im not doubting you hah). When you say relay harness, what exactly is that?
a relay harness powers your HIDs directly from the battery, or in this case from the power terminals near the fuse box. stealth auto should have one available.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Unfortunately I have the same problem with my StealthAuto fogs. Sometimes only one fog would fire up and once even both didn't. :frown:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
This is an occassional issue with nearly every HID (I think). It's a matter of igniting the discharge gas. MOST of the time it works fine. Occassionally the initial jolt won't fire it up. Just turn off the lights and back on, and I've never had one fail to ignite the second time. The trick is recognizing when one hasn't fired... fairly easy to do with the low beams, not so obvious with the fogs (particularly if the low beams are HID - already very bright).

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is an occassional issue with nearly every HID (I think).
Well I think its definitely not. Cause stock low beam HIDs work perfectly! Perhaps the problem is in wiring or ballasts and ignitors.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The first time it happened to me I thought I had lost the bulb all together. I was ready to notify Stealth Auto for a replacement. Fortunately I tried firing it up again and that's when I learned the bulb was just fine, it was just an infrequent fire-up thing.

·
Banned
651 Posts
i have aftermarket HID's but not from stealth. i have the same problem so its not just theirs. Ive learned to ignore it

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am also sure it should be only on after market HIDs. I have seen a lot of cars running on the road with only one HID on. I thought then one was broken and now I understand they all have this very issue. I was thinking of changing wires on the fogs cause they are very thin for HIDs. As you know HIDs produce very heavy power during tart up (twice or trice more then halogen bulbs) and then they normalize. Perhaps in this second such issue occurs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same problem with my aftermarket HID kit. I wired it perfectly so I know the wiring isn't the problem. I didn't, however, wire in a relay harness for my 9006 kit.

I hear a relay harness wire will fix the igniting problem but, I just turn it on 2-3 times, at the most, and it works!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unfortunately I have the same problem with my StealthAuto fogs. Sometimes only one fog would fire up and once even both didn't. :frown:

I had that same problem few times after I installed them. Turn them off and on again and it goes away. Doesn't happen any more.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Turn them off and on again and it goes away. Doesn't happen any more.
Unfortunately it doesn't go away fully. Only for this time you did this procedure. But it still happens very rarely.

·
Registered
102 Posts
As of yesterday my HID fogs will not come on and the fog light 20 amp fuse keeps blowning I'm not sure whats going on anybody have any ideas on this thansk in advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't go away fully. Only for this time you did this procedure. But it still happens very rarely.
The couple of times it did happen was when the car was not running. Like there was a lack of power. Cut the off, start the car, turn them one and no problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well guys now I'm sure it happens because of poor stock wires. I have talked to the sellers of xenon recently and they said that these new blocks with separate ignitors (like StealthAuto has) are much better, but they start from 9 volts when older second gen blocks (with built-in ignitor) start well from 6 or 7 volts. They have recommended to use those older blocks for fog lights. So changing fogs wires to heavier will solve this problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts