Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HIFLO NEW PRODUCT RELEASE
C & L PERFORMANCE INTAKE KIT

Hiflo has been appointed Australian distributors of the C&L Hemi cold air intake kit.
C & L are located in Alabama USA.
This unit utilizes the existing air box and delivers proven performance gains.
[for even better results combine with a Diablosport Predator and a BamaChips CMR custom tune.]
For detailed information visit the C&L site at C&L Performance

To quote C & L
C&L Performance is proud to announce the availability of an ALL NEW air intake upgrade for owners of 5.7L and 6.1L SRT-8 Chrysler passenger car vehicles. These systems are designed to work with all HEMI equipped late model Charger, Magnum and 300C models. The development of this product has taken nearly a year and a half to complete, and we feel that the finished product is well worth the effort. We GUARANTEE that this is the highest flowing air intake system available for these vehicles, and it will support a higher level of power than any other competing units.

The unit consists of an all new CNC machined cast aluminum inlet pipe assembly (with provisions for the IAT sensor, PCV hose connection and a special nitrous boss), a molded filter shroud assembly that attaches to the lower half of the factory air box assembly and a custom washable air filter that was developed specifically for this system. The air filter in this package maximizes the total amount of available area inside of the shroud assembly, and features over 180 square inches of filtration surface area! The original paper filter, which is more restrictive per square inch than our cotton mesh filter, has a total of only 89 square inches of filtration.

Our Special Price $350.00 plus freight ex Melbourne

We have fitted this unit to our SRT8 along with our Predator and BamaChips CMR custom tune. The results are outstanding.

The good news is that you can do all of this plus a 180 degree thermostat and Predator interface kit for under $1000.00. [C&L Cold air intake plus Predator plus BamaChips CMR custom tune plus 180 thermostat plus predator interface kit for $950.00!!]

This represents real performance gains at an affordable price.
And that’s what our business is all about

Steve, Scott and John

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Looks great guys - pricing looks pretty awesome too!!

Good luck with it.:)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Very nice. That is the best looking CAI I have seen, based on the insulation/sealing it has from the under bonnet.

Does this CAI still have the awesome noise that the others have?

Damn good price too BTW.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Great value & I agree - it does look great.

I'll have to replace my AFE II with one of these. The bloody AFE has burnt the paint under my hood back to bare metal! :twak:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Agreed that looks very awesome and veryneat good on you guys
Sorry to hear about the paintwork Mr225 hope its not toomuch a problem
Cheers frank

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Great value & I agree - it does look great.

I'll have to replace my AFE II with one of these. The bloody AFE has burnt the paint under my hood back to bare metal! :twak:
The AFE had a habit of rubbing the underside of the bonnet (or was that the AirHammer?).

I can't understand how the CAI pipe would burn the paint. The pipe is plastic and if it got that hot it would melt.

Strange situation MR 225, can we see pics?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sure John, I'll post tomorrow. Yes, you would not have thought that the plastic pipe could burn paint off......but it has!

·
Registered
633 Posts
mine has rub off from it hitting the CAI, there should be no heat there.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The paint has probably worn off from friction but the intake tube certainly heats up. It is bloody hot to touch (even after a short drive).

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Afe CAI

Hi MR 225 , the tube would be getting hot from high underbonnet temperatures that all modern cars have. There is no physical way that the tube can heat by itself, only by heat transfer from the engine.The paint problem would definitely be a rubbing issue which will have chafed, the paint.
AFe released an improved version of their kit to overcome this issue also there are numerous threads on this which i will 'pm' you
If you need any further help on this matter give me a call on our toll free number or 'pm' me your contact number and I will call you...........
thanks and best regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice. That is the best looking CAI I have seen, based on the insulation/sealing it has from the under bonnet.

Does this CAI still have the awesome noise that the others have?

Damn good price too BTW.
hi John
yes the noise of the C&L intake at high rpm and WOT is a definite performance howl !!
and at low and mid range just a very nice rumble
its a great system
john

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi MR 225 , the tube would be getting hot from high underbonnet temperatures that all modern cars have. There is no physical way that the tube can heat by itself, only by heat transfer from the engine.The paint problem would definitely be a rubbing issue which will have chafed, the paint.
AFe released an improved version of their kit to overcome this issue also there are numerous threads on this which i will 'pm' you
If you need any further help on this matter give me a call on our toll free number or 'pm' me your contact number and I will call you...........
thanks and best regards
Steve
Thanks for that Steve. We have spoken about this before and apparently I had one of the new & improved units...

My car is at the dealer getting serviced and getting some warranty issues sorted at the moment. I'll search the threads for the "self fix" and will have a crack when I get the car back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts