Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very disappointed with the distance of my high beam,but now the problem is solved.First I must thank Wog Boy for the info about globes and the reflector size.You were right mate tried a few different globes without success.Also many thanks to Mr Velvet for his driving light installation guide. I have fitted a pair of 100 watt driving lights behind the grille and GROUSE can see at night now.(I have a Putco chromed heavy mesh grille and have no shadow worries).Thanks to everyone for your input to my High Beam Query.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
First I must thank Wog Boy for the info about globes and the reflector size.You were right mate tried a few different globes without success
No worries Gordy :fing02:

Glad that you sorted it out, can you post a pic or two of your handy work? Did you wire them through a relay and switch off the highbeam? or do they just come on with your high beam via a relay?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wired everything through a 5 pin relay, but joined into the positive wire on the right high beam so they come on with high beam.They ARE the high beam I suppose.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
wired everything through a 5 pin relay, but joined into the positive wire on the right high beam so they come on with high beam.They ARE the high beam I suppose.
Yeah I am lazy and only wire them in off the highbeam for the relay shunt coil, couldn't be bothered drilling holes in the dash and running wires into the cabin for the relay switch, is the high beam + or - switched Gordy?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+. Don"t know if I can put any pics in. Do I have to have a certain amount of posts before I can put in pics?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops, memory meltdown, forgot to say thanks to Jaffa for info about Mr Velvets driving light installation guide,would not have known where to go without that reference.
Also may be delays at times to answer as I work away from home 4 days a week

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi gordy , how did you fit the lights behind the grille, where did you mount them, i cant find the thread by mr. velvet.

kippa.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hahaha oh dear..
Well that'd involve removing the bar off the silver wagon again, wouldn't it??
:twak:

SERVES YOU RIGHT RICH,,, SMART ARSE,,,, HA HA HA,,,,:fing02:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hahaha oh dear..
Well that'd involve removing the bar off the silver wagon again, wouldn't it??
:twak:
NICE:biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts