Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every one,

ok well i have a family member (yet to ask but) he does exhaust work, well i was wondering instead of buying these expensive high flow cats 500+ couldnt i purchase some universal high flow cats and have him utilize stock piping or new piping cut off my stock cats and replace with universal cats?but high flow i know flowmaster magnflow along with other companies, have some "just high flow cats" no piping?..

and i couldnt find nothing here about the suit case looking ugly box near the rear of the car, what could i replace this with??which mufflers or what?
thanks guys, any help would be app...cool....chris..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Corsa makes the best looking/sounding exhaust in my oppinion. I love mine and the look of the big race cans at the back can't be beat. Especially from the side, it gives the car a far more aggressive look...

·
Registered
152 Posts
and i couldnt find nothing here about the suit case looking ugly box near the rear of the car, what could i replace this with??which mufflers or what?thanks guys, any help would be app...cool....chris..
um which suitcase looking box are we talking about here cause you say near the rear of the car and theres the briefcase muffler in about the middle of the car and then the two resonators in the back right before the exhaust tips. you could cut the resonators off and get a pretty nice sounding 300 but if thats not good enough you could always get an exhaust which replaces the huge muffler under the middle of the car now im not sure if any exhaust will fit i have SLP loudmouths and thats just and exhaust that shaped like a pipe which has plenty of room to fit now flowmasters im not sure cause thats a fat oval shape corsa will and alot of people love corsa but you just want to make sure you get an exhaust with a resonable body size. now for the cats i believe we have sensors that go stupid when messin with those not sure on that but id look around.. sorry for the story i wrote hope this helps and good luck

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All info is helpful thanks...I have the diablo to fix that..but can I cut off my cats JUST the cats not piping. And replace with high flow cats like universal ones with the same inlet/outlet size of piping.?

Or what about the srt8 mid pipes are they less restrictive than the C? I'm looking around for some if any ones selling

·
Registered
152 Posts
Or what about the srt8 mid pipes are they less restrictive than the C? I'm looking around for some if any ones selling
i think the srt's are less retrictive put there exhaust i believe is 3.5" not sure on that but i believe there cat and everthing is bigger in diameter and you should have no problem with taking a universal and replacing the stock if you can cut the error code off with the diablo but remember i not sure about this i just dont see why you couldnt replace this stuff

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have heard that the srt headers don't really match. I've made the mistake of removing the mufflers ( suitcase in center of car ) and then put them back on ( loss of torque ). I've since installed Blastin Bobs 11 db resonator pipes and I think they are great. They sound awesome, cheap price and easy to install. I'm waiting for the prices of long headers to drop so I can purchase. If you do find/put srt headers on, please reply with comments /thoughts/problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello i'm new to the form and need some help I have a 2005 300C and put in jba mid pipes and cats I wasn't really happy with the sound so i gutted out the cats and the check eng light came on the car sounds good but the light is a pain any sugestions what i can do about the light or does any one of a better cat and mid pipe set up i haven't found any others PLEASE HELP I also got blora exhaust , jba headers , k&n cold air filter , jet stage 2 , throtale spacer ,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Diablo's Preditor has a fix for that light I think. What are your thoughts about the shorty headers. Were they difficult to install? Any power?

·
Registered
84 Posts
All I can say is that I have the SRT Design, and it has the 350 HP exhaust suitcase, and regular resonators... I pulled off the resonators, thinking this would help. The sound was way too loud, and major annoying inside. I found out that the 350HP exhaust has more freeflow, and I also found out that I lost some low end torque. You could definetly tell the difference. I went back to the resonators, and I got my torque back. I have heard that you really have to tune the exhaust to these engines. They like their back pressure, and cross flow, so if you decide to start gutting out the exhaust, I would recomend being careful, and go with proven set ups.

I will give you a tip if your looking for good input. Last months HotRod magazine had a great MOD article on the 5.7 Engine. They took a stock Magnum and added 65 HP !!! They simply put on High Flow cats, and exhaust system, Headers, I think a CAI, and a computer tune, and waalaa.... This was a tuned set up with professionals... I would try that set up, although they used all Mopar parts. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
All I can say is that I have the SRT Design, and it has the 350 HP exhaust suitcase, and regular resonators... I pulled off the resonators, thinking this would help. The sound was way too loud, and major annoying inside. I found out that the 350HP exhaust has more freeflow, and I also found out that I lost some low end torque. You could definetly tell the difference. I went back to the resonators, and I got my torque back. I have heard that you really have to tune the exhaust to these engines. They like their back pressure, and cross flow, so if you decide to start gutting out the exhaust, I would recomend being careful, and go with proven set ups.

I will give you a tip if your looking for good input. Last months HotRod magazine had a great MOD article on the 5.7 Engine. They took a stock Magnum and added 65 HP !!! They simply put on High Flow cats, and exhaust system, Headers, I think a CAI, and a computer tune, and waalaa.... This was a tuned set up with professionals... I would try that set up, although they used all Mopar parts. Hope this helps.
I believe they put a cam in the car too.

I agree with what you are saying about the exhaust, some people cut up these cars' exhaust systems without knowing what the hell they are doing. I cannot tell you how many posts I've read about people removing the suitcase and then showing a power loss on a dyno. Resonaters should not have an effect other than volume control, they are simply a sound-cancelling chamber. I believe back-pressure and expansion chamber concerns are addressed with the suitcase...which is the muffler, not the resonaters.

Eric

1 - 16 of 16 Posts