Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first day that I have actually gotten to enjoy the C since I brought it home last Monday. After going out to lunch with the wife and running around, we came home, and the car sat for a few hours. We then were going to run to the grocery store, and I started it up and it idled high at about 1600 rpm. I tried to blip the throttle but nothing happened, still high. Shut the car off and restarted, everythings fine. Anyone heard of this, or had this happen? What would cause this, should I be concerned? Im not overly worried about it, unless someone explains to me why I should be, or this becomes a normal occurence. One more thing I noticed was that the voltage lite (little lightning bolt) was lit at the time this was happening, and was then gone upon restart. Please discuss, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which means?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just read that, thanks arnold.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just went and started it again, high idle. Shut it off, restart, no high idle??? WTH is going on? Does anyone know what causes this? Looks like it is going to be looked at on the second day of ownership.:(
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
You may need to recalibrate the throttle (it is electronic - drive by wire). Follow this simple procedure:

"Turn key to ON position. Do not start the engine. Wait for about 15 seconds. Without starting engine, slowly press throttle pedal to floor and then slowly release. This step must be done (one time) to ensure accelerator pedal position sensor calibration has been learned by ECM."

If changing the accelerator pedal position sensor it states:

"Leave ignition switch ON for a minimum of 10 seconds. This will allow PCM to learn electrical parameters."

Let us know if this takes care of the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip NR. Just went and did what you said, and she started right up, no problem. Shut it off, restart, no problem. We will see what happens over the next few days. Is this a normal occurance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
high idle

GS163 said:
Today was the first day that I have actually gotten to enjoy the C since I brought it home last Monday. After going out to lunch with the wife and running around, we came home, and the car sat for a few hours. We then were going to run to the grocery store, and I started it up and it idled high at about 1600 rpm. I tried to blip the throttle but nothing happened, still high. Shut the car off and restarted, everythings fine. Anyone heard of this, or had this happen? What would cause this, should I be concerned? Im not overly worried about it, unless someone explains to me why I should be, or this becomes a normal occurence. One more thing I noticed was that the voltage lite (little lightning bolt) was lit at the time this was happening, and was then gone upon restart. Please discuss, thanks.
Had my 05"C" new a year ago with over 10,000 miles and never had that problem. I noticed NR tip to you. He is one of our forums experts. Hope his tip works well for you.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
GS163 said:
Thanks for the tip NR. Just went and did what you said, and she started right up, no problem. Shut it off, restart, no problem. We will see what happens over the next few days. Is this a normal occurance?
No, it doesn't seem to be, although I have heard of high idle problems before.

Some models have movable pedals, so recalibration makes sense. One thing we have all learned here on this forum is just how computerized our car is. No less than 9 separate modules!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have adjustable pedals though. At least I dont think I do, the adjusters are located on the outside of the drivers seat, down in front of the seat controls, no? Regardless, I will keep an eye on this, and thanks for your help as Im sure I will have more questions than this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Northern Rider said:
.........Some models have movable pedals, so recalibration makes sense.....
Pat, say it isn't so! Surely, the adjustable pedals have a pivot point that provides the in and out adjustment without (possibly) requiring recalibration everytime a different driver moves the pedals?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Northern Rider said:
No, it doesn't seem to be, although I have heard of high idle problems before.

Some models have movable pedals, so recalibration makes sense. One thing we have all learned here on this forum is just how computerized our car is. No less than 9 separate modules!
I've got the moveable pedals, and I adjusted them yesterday while driving. Didn't have any problem before, during or after adjustment.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
frank29 said:
Pat, say it isn't so! Surely, the adjustable pedals have a pivot point that provides the in and out adjustment without (possibly) requiring recalibration everytime a different driver moves the pedals?!?
I'm not saying that you have to recalibrate. I am just saying that the car has an electronic system of recalibrating pedal travel (0% throttle opening to 100% throttle opening). Addition of floor matts, etc. could require a recalibrate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
GS163 said:
I dont have adjustable pedals though. At least I dont think I do, the adjusters are located on the outside of the drivers seat, down in front of the seat controls, no? Regardless, I will keep an eye on this, and thanks for your help as Im sure I will have more questions than this.

If you have the "C", you have the adjustable pedals.

I have the "C" and noticed that when I changed the pedal setting, bringing the pedal closed to the driver, the engine rpms would rev up, and stay reved. Had the dealer look at it and they found that the pedal was getting hung up on the carpet. they pushed the carpet down firmer and the problem was solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I have adjustable pedals, how do I adjust them????
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top