Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I pulled into my driveway and got out of the car that that it was giving a high pitched squeal, similar to what you hear from your breaks. I went and pushed the car from side to side and front to back. I only hear it when the car is nudged forward. This is all done with the engine turned off and in park. I walked around to all 4 corners but can't pin point where it is coming from which makes me things its centrally located. I thought that maybe the car was hot because I just uploaded a predator turn and took it out for a test drive but i've let it cool for a few hours and it's still there. It's pretty faint and I can't hear it when I drive. Anyone had this problem before or know what might be causing it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I noticed when I pulled into my driveway and got out of the car that that it was giving a high pitched squeal, similar to what you hear from your breaks. I went and pushed the car from side to side and front to back. I only hear it when the car is nudged forward. This is all done with the engine turned off and in park. I walked around to all 4 corners but can't pin point where it is coming from which makes me things its centrally located. I thought that maybe the car was hot because I just uploaded a predator turn and took it out for a test drive but i've let it cool for a few hours and it's still there. It's pretty faint and I can't hear it when I drive. Anyone had this problem before or know what might be causing it?
I had a similar issue like this. My car would make a very high pitch sound after I shut the engine off. I found that it was the same hose hooked on the air box came off and was resting on the side of the air box. when the engine shut down, it was sucking air in and pinching the hose between the air box, creating the sound. I just put the hose back on, all is well know. Give that a try

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this is happening even after the car has been turned off for hours. If I got and push on the front bumper or get in and out of the car it will do it so I don't think I have a hose lose. Someone suggested it might be the parking break but I checked that and didn't help. Unless it's something wrong with it under the car that I can't get to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts