Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 300C SRT8
157,000 miles
Mostly stock: Cold air intake, throttle body replaced, gas tank replacement for stall on fill-up issue

The car is generally running pretty well, but above 3,000RPM the engine begins to stutter aggressively and won't accelerate until I release the accelerator and accelerate more gently. It doesn't matter if I am in auto mode accelerating hard of in manual mode accelerating more slowly, over 3,000RPM it loses the will to run.

In addition to the high RPM problem, occasionally it will just stop running abruptly for a couple of seconds maybe once per week during non-aggressive driving. The engine then immediately kicks back alive and runs like normal, other than the check engine light and the tractional control off light and a periodic warning tone. After shutting off and turning the car back on the check engine light is still on but the traction control light and the dinging is gone. I think it is in a limp mode when the dinging is happening.

The check engine light turned off for about a week, but it is back on again after having the issue a couple times again.

The only change I have made since the problem started is installing a new camshaft position sensor because the codes I was getting involved misfire and camshaft position issues. I haven't checked codes in awhile and have not tried any other fixes. Could it be related to the replacement gas tank that I got a few months ago? Could my throttle body be acting up? It almost feels like the throttle body shuts abruptly when it shuts off during normal driving.

Thanks for help.

Zak

·
Administrator
13,066 Posts
It could be several things. Have you read the codes when you get them? Having those will help diagnosing the issue.

General maintenance may be needed as well, such as cleaning the throttle body. You mentioned some misfire issues and that could very well be a bad plug, plug wire or coil. Do you know when the plugs wires and coil packs were last replaced?

See if you can't get some codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the codes I pulled from my car:

P 0315
P 0300
P 0335

Any idea what this combination of codes might mean? Thank you.

Zak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts