Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Own A 2005 300c And In The Highway If You Exceed 90 Mph An Audible Continuous Sound Comes Up. The Mexican Dealer Told Me Is An Audible Alarm To Announce You Are Overspeeding.
Some Body Could Help Me How To Disconect It?
It Is A Shame Have Such A Good Car And Hemi Motor To Drive It Only Below 80 Mph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Are you sure it's not the seatbelt alarm? I've taken both 300Cs and my Magnum over 90MPH and never heard such a noise.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
RAUL TREVINO said:
I Own A 2005 300c And In The Highway If You Exceed 90 Mph An Audible Continuous Sound Comes Up. The Mexican Dealer Told Me Is An Audible Alarm To Announce You Are Overspeeding.
Some Body Could Help Me How To Disconect It?
It Is A Shame Have Such A Good Car And Hemi Motor To Drive It Only Below 80 Mph.
What does it sound like? Continuous beeeeep? Other?
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
I've driven mine at the speed limiter and never heard any alarms . . .


(except for screaming passengers - they always have the option of stepping outside if they are not enjoying the ride)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Yes, that's the AWA (audible warning alarm). Mine has varying tones, especially when large semi trailers change lanes. I can sometimes silence mine by keeping all the windows closed and playing country music.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
i have hit the speed limiter many times and never heard any chimes at all. your guess is as good as mine. sorry i couldnt help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jjs said:
What does it sound like? Continuous beeeeep? Other?
IT STARTS AS A BEEP NON CONTINUOS SOUND WHEN YOU COME UP TO85 TO 90 MPH, AS YOU GO FURTHER THAT BEEP SOUND STAYS CONTINUOUS SIMILAR AS AN AIR ENTRANCE DOUWN THE DASH.

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SPEAKERS, ACTUALLY I SHUT THE RADIO AND AC OFF AND THE SOUND STAYS.

AS SOON AS YOU DROP THE SPEED THE SOUND STOPS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cmego said:
Yes, that's the AWA (audible warning alarm). Mine has varying tones, especially when large semi trailers change lanes. I can sometimes silence mine by keeping all the windows closed and playing country music.

IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I COULD DO TO SHUT IT OFF?

WHAT YOU SAY IT IS TRUE. IF I FACE A BIG TRAILER COMING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION THE ALARM SOUNDS EVEN AT 70 MPH.

IS THERE SOME AIR PRESSURE SENSOR ATTACHED TO THE ALARM THAT I COULD DISCONECT IT'?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nick_danger said:
Are you sure it's not the seatbelt alarm? I've taken both 300Cs and my Magnum over 90MPH and never heard such a noise.
I AM SURE IS NOT THE SEAT BELT ALARM, THE SOUND IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, IS NOT LIKE RING BELLS IS A SOUND THAT STARTS AS A NON CONTINUOS BEEP SIMILAR AS AN AIR ENTRANCE FOR THE WINDSHIELD. AS YOU SPEED FURTHER THE SOUND GOES CONTINUOS LIKE A SSSSSSHHH. AS YOU DROP THE SPEED THE SOUND SHUTS OFF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jjs said:
What does it sound like? Continuous beeeeep? Other?
STARTS AS NON CONTINUOS BEEP AT 85 TO 90 MPH. AS YOU SPEED UP FURTHER THE SOUND STAYS CONTINUOS SIMILAR TO AN AIR ENTRANCE DOWN THE DASH AND STAYS AS LONG AS YOU ARE OVERSPEEDING. WHEN YOU DROP THE SPEED THE SOUND GOES OFF.

THE SOUND IS SIMILAR TO SSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!

I SHUT OFF THE RADIO AND THE AC WITHOUT ANY CHANGE, SO THE SOUND DOESNT COME FROM THE RADIO SPEAKERS.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
RAUL TREVINO said:
STARTS AS NON CONTINUOS BEEP AT 85 TO 90 MPH. AS YOU SPEED UP FURTHER THE SOUND STAYS CONTINUOS SIMILAR TO AN AIR ENTRANCE DOWN THE DASH AND STAYS AS LONG AS YOU ARE OVERSPEEDING. WHEN YOU DROP THE SPEED THE SOUND GOES OFF.

THE SOUND IS SIMILAR TO SSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!

I SHUT OFF THE RADIO AND THE AC WITHOUT ANY CHANGE, SO THE SOUND DOESNT COME FROM THE RADIO SPEAKERS.
Raul, it could be a wind noise problem -rare on the 300C.

Do you have a sun roof on the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
IGOTTASRT8 said:
Give her a credit card and drop her at the mall.
:lmao:One of the better one-liners in a while, IGOTTASRT8.

OK, Raul, y perdoneme por favor, I'm back on topic: Since your dealer claims to know what is causing the noise, simply advise him that you'll take it quite personally if he doesn't have one of his techs show you how to disable it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Northern Rider said:
Raul, it could be a wind noise problem -rare on the 300C.

Do you have a sun roof on the car?

NO I DONT HAVE SUNROOF IN THE CAR, IT SEEMS LIKE AN AUR ENTRANCE, THE DEALER SAYS NO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
RAUL TREVINO said:
STARTS AS NON CONTINUOS BEEP AT 85 TO 90 MPH. AS YOU SPEED UP FURTHER THE SOUND STAYS CONTINUOS SIMILAR TO AN AIR ENTRANCE DOWN THE DASH AND STAYS AS LONG AS YOU ARE OVERSPEEDING. WHEN YOU DROP THE SPEED THE SOUND GOES OFF.

THE SOUND IS SIMILAR TO SSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!

I SHUT OFF THE RADIO AND THE AC WITHOUT ANY CHANGE, SO THE SOUND DOESNT COME FROM THE RADIO SPEAKERS.
I had the same problem with my car and someone posted how to disable it last year and mine now gives one beep only if i pass 120 KMH, but unfotunately I did not save the instructions...BTW, it disables the seat belt chime too but keeps the seat belt sign on only if you do not wear it while driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
maherm said:
...BTW, it disables the seat belt chime too but keeps the seat belt sign on only if you do not wear it while driving.
Here's the seat belt chime procedure. Let us know if it fixes the speed alarm also:

The seatbelt indicator includes a programmable enhanced seatbelt reminder or “beltminder” feature that is enabled when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. This beltminder feature provides extended and modified visual seatbelt indicator and audible chime warning responses to an unbuckled driver side front seat belt. The beltminder feature may be disabled or enabled by the customer using the programming sequence that follows, or by the dealer using a diagnostic scan tool.

Note:
The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (Belt Alert).

1.Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2.Start the engine & wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3.Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle & then re-buckle the driver's belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

Note:
Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt. It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (Belt Alert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

Note:
Although the Enhanced Warning System (Belt Alert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver's seat belt remains unbuckled.


Implicit in the above spiel is the indication that a starscan tool can remove the speed warning audible alert, if in fact that is what you're hearing. If the seat belt chime deactivation doesn't stop the speed reminder, recommend going to another dealer and asking them to deactivate it for you.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top