Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting in a 3200 stall torque converter on my 2009 300C AWD (KN Intake, JBA Shorties + High Flow Cats, Borla Catback, Jet 180 T-Stat, DS 91 CAI Tune) and i was wondering if it is worth it as it is quite pricey (I was quoted 1600 + tax, which includes install).

Given my mods, will this improve my 0-60, accel, quarter mile times etc, or is it a waste of money unless I also get cam & other things (which I can't afford now so it won't be happening).

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Personally I think you would be better suited with other mods before a HS converter.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Such as?... I already have almost every bolt on, minus Throttle Body

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
This is not to sound like a jerk so please take no offense. I do not think those mods listed really make a lot of power over stock. I would think 30~40 at most. In such a heavy car that gain is negligible. Have you taken the car to the strip since the time you posted? was that before or after mods? What is your sixty foot time? That -in the time you run will make the biggest difference for now.
IMO a higher stall is great with a car with a more peaky hp/torque number. of course even stock or close to it-the sooner you get there the better. I would say heads/cam or a SC than the stall converter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have a '09 300c AWD. Recently got a 3000 stall for it. Havent had a chance to do any 0-60 pulls or take it back to the strip, but IMO it launches much better and works well with the AWD,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.