Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am starting holidays next sunday, will be going to melbourne for a week then Wagga for ten days.Just wondering if there is anything happening or members to meet in these places at those times. Cheers Gordy.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Am starting holidays next sunday, will be going to melbourne for a week then Wagga for ten days.Just wondering if there is anything happening or members to meet in these places at those times. Cheers Gordy.
Sorry would like to catch but Im holding the next M&G on Sunday the 21st Sep.
Cheers enjoy your Holiday

·
Registered
14 Posts
G'day Gordy,
I'm a student living here in wagga and a total 300c fanatic, sadly the only one I own is 10V remote control one! I'm yet to see a moded 300c here in Wagga, it'd be good to see what you've done! Any chance of having a look at your 300c?

Thanks, Jase!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Jase,
Nice to see you have your foundations in good taiste set nice and early.
Work on a plan and you will have the full scale job before you know it.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jase,no problem there buddy be in Wagga 2nd September.Keep watching this thread will let you know I'm there and set up a meet. Cheers Gordy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Jase,in Wagga .put a post in to say you've seen this and we'll arrange a meet.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Was it last year we had a meet in Wagga Wagga? Perhaps one is coming up again this year?
James, that was in June to coincide with the Wagga Wagga swap meet. Geeze it was bloody cold and a bit foggy but it was a great turn out with a couple of us from Melbourne, Kel from Yack, you from Canberra and the boys and girls from Sydney.

June was a blur for me at work this year and now I am laid up with a health issue but I do have a hankering for a nice country drive and would invite any suggestions :yup:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
John, good to know your brain is stilll sharp as ever, I can't even remember what happened yesterday. It would be nice to have another meet somewhere between Melbourne and Canberra in the near future. Probably not this month as I am going to the Queanbeyan show on the 28th. BTW, hope you are feeling much better now.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
John, good to know your brain is stilll sharp as ever, I can't even remember what happened yesterday. It would be nice to have another meet somewhere between Melbourne and Canberra in the near future. Probably not this month as I am going to the Queanbeyan show on the 28th. BTW, hope you are feeling much better now.
Thanks James, doing okay but a long battle ahead of me unfortunately.

Kel was working on a weekend get together to the Murray wineries and the mountain foothills (Bright, Mount Beauty, etc.). I hope when he is back from his current jaunt he will get back to pulling it together.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks James, doing okay but a long battle ahead of me unfortunately.

Kel was working on a weekend get together to the Murray wineries and the mountain foothills (Bright, Mount Beauty, etc.). I hope when he is back from his current jaunt he will get back to pulling it together.
A couple of weeks to go yet John. Gee I hope you get back on your feet real soon mate. That's the rewards for working so hard. Last time we spoke you had been working long hours. I hope to post some pics on tour, especially around Silveton at dusc. However my rack @ pinion and tie rods are shot. Waiting on new ones before I go. Amazing, I really nurse my car and this happens at low K's. A bit like ones health. Do all the right things and get crook.
Yes I still plan on arranging a trip around gods country later in the year. I have a few real good ideas.
Look after your self.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hi Kelvin, it is unusual for steering component to give up so early. Have you been doing much driving on unsealed road? Or the sealed road in the countryside are full of holes? It is quite true that things happened even with our best attention. Is it under warranty? Or you are going to do it yourself? I still haven't the chance to go through the workshop manual yet, God forbids, hope I don't have to.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi James:
All under warranty thank God. Very little gravel road work., and I only do 20-30klm per hr on them any way. My old Falcon has done 300.000klm and is just starting to show steering wear. It get heaps of gravel road work at high speed.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hi Kelvin, it is good that the warranty covers it, can't imagine how much it would cost if wasn't covered. Talking about Falcon being so tough, I am thining to get one later this year, a ute that is. Waiting for the ESP to be standard on the ute as they are still using leaf spring rear suspension which doesn't hold the road as good. Very tempting to get the XR6 Turbo ute, its RRP is less than A$40K, it must be the cheapest "performance" car on the market. Can't think any cars which will hit 0-100 about 5 seconds at that price. It is also cheap to run/service (according to the magazine) at every 15000 km. Only problem is playload at 570 kg, guess I will have the material delivered to the building sites instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts