Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy #%[email protected]&, I can't believe it! The day finally came! I picked up my cool vanilla 300C on Saturday after a 3 month wait. Boy is it a beauty! I am very happy I chose the cool vanilla color. Boy the heads really turn when I drive by (or maybe their looking at me?....I don't think so). It is so distinctive. I only drove a 300C once for about 5 minutes before I placed my order. I can't believe how comfortable and quiet the interior is. I drive quite a bit in my job and I am very anal about road noise and noise in general inside my cars.

Now the performance. Again, holy @&#$, this thing is fast. I am used to driving 4 cylinders (in school) and 6's up until now. Getting into this "C" and pressing the throttle to the floor, wow! I love it. The car squatted just slightly, enough to throw the weight ratio to the rear tires for traction and zoom of we went. It is amazing how long your backside remains pressed into the seat as you accelerate. I can only compare this feeling to the time I attended the Bragg-Smith Advanced Driving School in Nevada. Six of my buddies and I spent three days driving 405 HP Corvette Z06's around a 2.3 mile closed road course. It is astonishing how similar the acceleration feels. The 300C handles well, but there is no comparison to the Z06, but it sure as hell blows away the Volvo S80 I turned in to get the "C" and any other passenger car I have owned.

The only thing I regret is that I am leasing this through my company and cannot make any mods to it. In the forums I read about so many very interesting modifiactions people are doing to their 300's. I just wish I could. Oh well, it is only a two year lease and I know what my next car is going to be......can you say SRT-8?

·
Registered
48 Posts
dont even sweat it

I leased mine too. cuz it is a write off for my job and I wanted them to iron out any problems with it before I bought one. Plus The residule value is so low on these cars somthing like 18k(three years) that I will probley just buy it my self at the end of the lease. I am waiting a nother year to see what happens with my car. At that point I will either MOD this one out and buy it, or just sell it. By the way there is discussion about them raising the price on these bad boys so that should help the resale big time. The big thing for me is that it goes against everything I believe in to buy a new car(big loss out of the lot) My rule is lease new cars, buy 2 year old cars.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Plan

Monstart said:
I leased mine too. cuz it is a write off for my job and I wanted them to iron out any problems with it before I bought one. Plus The residule value is so low on these cars somthing like 18k(three years) that I will probley just buy it my self at the end of the lease. I am waiting a nother year to see what happens with my car. At that point I will either MOD this one out and buy it, or just sell it. By the way there is discussion about them raising the price on these bad boys so that should help the resale big time. The big thing for me is that it goes against everything I believe in to buy a new car(big loss out of the lot) My rule is lease new cars, buy 2 year old cars.

That is a good plan. With my situation, our company only does 2 year car leases. After two years the warranty usually expires due to mileage and we do not want to pay for any repairs other than normal maintenance. Good for me as I do not have to pay for a car and I get a new car every two years. I guess I will have to buy a project car that I can trick out the way I want. I do have an '02 Suburban....nope, the wife would kill me!

·
Registered
415 Posts
You [email protected]#$%^&*()_+| as you can tell I'm still waiting for mine :) hehe... congrats...

Hmmm what mods are you talking about? I'm leasing mine, I'll try to do some mods but keep original parts if any are replaced so I can put it back to stock before turning it in. As Monstart mentioned, I want to wait for them to fix any known issues since it is a first time realease, who knows, maybe 2006 or even the srt8 wont have the funky screw too close to the wheel allowing people to feel ok with putting bigger wheels or maybe they make it bigger to prevent just that :) ... either way, all the monthly I can afford was for a 3 year lease, sales person did not recommend the 48 months because of the warranty... hmmm bad sign???

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tha187um said:
You [email protected]#$%^&*()_+| as you can tell I'm still waiting for mine :) hehe... congrats...

Hmmm what mods are you talking about? I'm leasing mine, I'll try to do some mods but keep original parts if any are replaced so I can put it back to stock before turning it in. As Monstart mentioned, I want to wait for them to fix any known issues since it is a first time realease, who knows, maybe 2006 or even the srt8 wont have the funky screw too close to the wheel allowing people to feel ok with putting bigger wheels or maybe they make it bigger to prevent just that :) ... either way, all the monthly I can afford was for a 3 year lease, sales person did not recommend the 48 months because of the warranty... hmmm bad sign???
Sorry your still waiting. I am sure the majority on this forum can sympathize with you.

I thought about making the mods and then replacing them with the OEM parts when I turn in the lease. The only problem I have with that is, and I know this may upset some, I may not want to lease another 300C if something comes to market I like better. If I go with another car I will be stuck with a bunch of parts I can't reuse. Don't get me wrong, I can't imagine another car coming to market in two years that will capture my attention the way the "C" has, but you never know.

·
Registered
440 Posts
KC300C said:
Sorry your still waiting. I am sure the majority on this forum can sympathize with you.

I thought about making the mods and then replacing them with the OEM parts when I turn in the lease. The only problem I have with that is, and I know this may upset some, I may not want to lease another 300C if something comes to market I like better. If I go with another car I will be stuck with a bunch of parts I can't reuse. Don't get me wrong, I can't imagine another car coming to market in two years that will capture my attention the way the "C" has, but you never know.
If you're still waiting and decide you want a car now. Look at my C with 8,500 mi. There's a few things that I've done to it. If not, it's going to the auction in a month or so.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I know how you feel, mine came in 5weeks early. after waiting since mid august. i nearly @#$% myself too. the dealership even let me help PDI the beautifull black pearl beast. and i tell you it was worth the wait. thank god i choose to buy it even after they tryed to talk me in to leaseing instead, they said i was cheaper. maybe so but at the end of the day it was still someone eleses

1 - 8 of 8 Posts