Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For later manufacture garage door openers (like mine) there are additional steps required that are not in the 300's manual.

{GONE}

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
My rolling code doors programmed perfectly using the owner's manual instructions, in fact the easiest homelink I have ever programmed. All of the above info except #6 is what I did from the manual. The X5 home link required several tries to get it right.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought this was lame in the manual. They did not tell you right up front if you had a newer garage door opener that you would need additional steps until you read and tried the first steps. They should have said if you have a new model go to the 2nd set of instructions.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Right you are about that, the only reason I knew to read further was because of my experience with the X5 and Sienna. I think this is a Homelink issue since my other two cars have nearly identical lingo and also do not tell you to skip to the next section.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i have a farely older garage door opener, and still can not get my homelink programmed! this thread was from a while ago and it seems that the 'missing steps' have been edited out! i sat and played with the damn thing for about a hour and still couldnt get it programmed. anyone might be able to help me out?

·
Registered
842 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
i have a farely older garage door opener, and still can not get my homelink programmed! this thread was from a while ago and it seems that the 'missing steps' have been edited out! i sat and played with the damn thing for about a hour and still couldnt get it programmed. anyone might be able to help me out?
me 2...ive gotten as far as programing and it never takes?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a hard time getting the home link to "learn" but, after you clear the codes by holding down #1 & #3, train the home link with a remote then, place the garage door opener in learn mode, get in the car and press, then release, then press and release again the button you want to learn. It took 3 or 4 press and release on mine but it took. Just pressing and holding the button did not cause it to learn and allow it to open the door. HTH.

·
Registered
842 Posts
obiwan said:
I had a hard time getting the home link to "learn" but, after you clear the codes by holding down #1 & #3, train the home link with a remote then, place the garage door opener in learn mode, get in the car and press, then release, then press and release again the button you want to learn. It took 3 or 4 press and release on mine but it took. Just pressing and holding the button did not cause it to learn and allow it to open the door. HTH.
O i held the button down when it said train also pressed and held the garage at same time..so this time ill hold garage opener and when i get into train ill hit the #1 intermittingly and this should make it work???ill give it a try

·
Registered
61 Posts
1. Clear codes.
2. Train home link with remote
3. Place the opener in learn mode
4. In your car, press, release, press, release until the garage door opens/closes.

Should Get-R-Done

·
Registered
31 Posts
Obiwan, you are very wise!

Thank you for your post... I just tried to figure it out and the HomeLink on our Honda Pilot worked easily. On the C, however, I had to first program it with the remote transmitter, then the opener 'learn' mode. If I hadn't of seen your post right now I would have never figured it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts