Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to nite to go shopping... and turned to the misses and said " I really dont like the lights in the dash of the 300Cs" i seriously think that green glow thing doesnt suit it like its loses its classyness like the dials are great! love the look and all but the light just kills it..

also there seems to be alot of plastic like it feels abit cheap like door trims and glove box.... maybe im just a picky one... my honda accord euro b4 this felt like it was more nicely finished inside didnt feel so cheap... maybe its just me.... but dont get me wrong i love the 300C and always will its just wouldve been nicer to have a more nicer finish thats all

anyways..... Is there anything you dont like about the 300C? wanna hear your thoughts unless you love every inch of it inside and out.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
The rear leg room is a bit short and having to fish for the rear seat belt buckles and when you do dig them out ,buckle up with a choking seat belt other than that I LOVE IT

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
With all of that vast expense of dash available to them, they put in a stupid little glove box that you can't even close properly with more than a couple of CDs in it.

The interior of the new series two model is definitely a bit nicer. The new wheels on the other hand are butt ugly, what were they thinking, maybe to make a packet selling optional bling wheels? I don't like the stupid antenna on the roof either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The beep that assails me before I clip the seatbelt (I am not American so i will always put wear a seatbelt and can do without the nagging beep).

The 300C does fill the parking space a little too well.

On balance these gripes are minor; no real regrets!

·
Registered
469 Posts
i dont like how they put the cruise controls on the left by the blinker, I think those have since been moved to the right side in the 2008's though. other than that, plastic everywhere.. but **** it i paid under 30k for a 400+ HP car so im happy

·
Registered
410 Posts
i dont like how they put the cruise controls on the left by the blinker, I think those have since been moved to the right side in the 2008's though. other than that, plastic everywhere.. but **** it i paid under 30k for a 400+ HP car so im happy
have an '08 with the moved cruise.........they shoulda left it wear it was!!!!

·
Banned
651 Posts
i hate the seat belt beeping, i turned it off. look in your owners manual or search on here its pretty easy.
only thing i hate about the 300 is that its offered in the 2.7 and 3.5 version. if only the v8 was issued there would be less on the road and it wouldnt be as played out

·
Registered
107 Posts
- interior quality, in particular cheap use of plastics and woodgrain
- suspension setup; too soft
- seat design, in particular side and lumbar supports
- steering feel; vague and not as "connected" to the car

·
Registered
243 Posts
i hate the seat belt beeping, i turned it off. look in your owners manual or search on here its pretty easy.
only thing i hate about the 300 is that its offered in the 2.7 and 3.5 version. if only the v8 was issued there would be less on the road and it wouldnt be as played out
Ahh so there is a way, thank goodness.
If the manual wasnt such a novel I probable would of worked it out, but like most blokes I dont read the instructions until there is no one watching.

·
Registered
981 Posts
With all of that vast expense of dash available to them, they put in a stupid little glove box that you can't even close properly with more than a couple of CDs in it.

Not too many dislikes. However this is what gripes me. The amount of water that dribbles from the doors upper chrome moulds after a wash drives me insane. All the plastic, but I realised that when I bought it. I agree about the pathetic glove box space. Useless high beam lights. Very disappointing is. The CRD doesn’t have an operable oil pressure sensor switch (just a default reading). Chrysler have recently been in contact with me regarding this. I guess I will just have to accept their explanation. Even my mower has an operable oil pressure switch. However I still love it and can’t wipe the smile of my face after 2 years.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
....dislikes?

PLASTIC USE ON DOOR MOULDS (LOWER PARTS COULD HAVE BEEN COVERED WITH LEATHER)
GLOVEBOX SIZE (WHAT GLOVEBOX?)
POOR HIGH BEAMS (COULD BE BRIGHTER)
REAR LEG ROOM FOR ADULT PASSENGERS
NO NAVIGATION, SHOULD BE STANDARD ON A CAR LIKE THIS
CENTRE CONSOLE COMPARTMENT FEELS TO FAR BACK PAST THE DRIVER

...likes,

THE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES OF UPGRADES AND PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS!
THE BODY...GREAT STYLING

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Is thier anyone that knows how to turn that bloody beep off?
This is from the US spec '07 manual, but maybe it will work on yours, too. I don't recommend deactivating it either, but I figure you're old enough to make that decision for yourself!

BeltAlert Programming

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by performing the following steps:

NOTE: DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. With all doors closed, and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver’s seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/ RUN position, but do not start the engine. Wait for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn off and then proceed to the next step.

NOTE: You must perform the following steps within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON/ RUN position.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON/ RUN position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn on while unbuckling the seat belt and turn off while re-buckling the seat belt. It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: When the EnhancedWarning System (BeltAlert) is deactivated, the Seat Belt Reminder Light will continue to illuminate as long as the driver’s seat belt is unbuckled.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Does that mean the indicator is now on the right hand side? I hate the indicator being on the left. Maybe this can be converted?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
also the center console compartment, couldve had like a nice softer type lid, like to one that pusbum has

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The plastic interior but that can be fixed up a bit with a console cover :)

The dash lights....I hate green and the fact that we can't easily mod them to plue to match my interior LEDs.

I have heard complaints about the belt buckle doing a runner in the back but I don't sit there so I don't car :)

1 - 20 of 154 Posts