Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is or will be a hood / bug deflector available for the 300C? I know they often look cheesy, but I've had them on my last few cars and they really do offer the best hood protection w/o hurting the paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you talking about the BRA (leather) or that plastic thing that sticks up like on PU trucks?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jwc553911 said:
you talking about the BRA (leather) or that plastic thing that sticks up like on PU trucks?

The hard clip-on plastic type (like PU trucks).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would someone please invent one of these for our CAR!!!

I NEED IT

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why On Earth Would Yo Want To Put A Plastic Bug Deflector On Your 300 ?
Just Curious?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Instead of getting bug deflector, try the Eibach spring lowering kit. This way you can drive 'underneath' the bug's flight path.

Or....get one of thos JC Whitne....err....E&G grills and just mount it three inches high.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know, I know, but I'd rather have a clear dorky looking nose guard protecting the hood edge and top (for skimmers) from rock chips as opposed to dealing with all that touch up which always looks like crap.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Considering the huge surface area of the fascia, I would be much more concerned about that then the hood.

·
Registered
51 Posts
In all unseriousness, have you looked into the 3M coatings you can apply to the front end? I'm in Arizona, caught my first paint seeking missile rock on the ride home from the dealership when she was just a wee lil 300. I've never known this car without a rock scar, so I take pride in the starfield continually erupting under my black beauty's lower lip. My neighbor has a more expensive, yet less thrilling, vehicle that he had a 3M coating put on to stave off the rocks. Afterall, since he owns a lesser, yet more expensive!, vehicle than I, he will need to worry about things such as resale...when he decides to buy his own 300C and ditch the krautmobile.

He claims it works like a charm. I then asked him if the added weight from the 3M coating was perhaps the reason behind his performance sedan's performance numbers being so far less than those of my own cheapo Americano sedan. No comment.

A plastic backstop mounted on the front of a 300? Please don't do it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Bug deflectors are for old people"

HEY - I resemble that remark!!

I plan on getting the clearbra on the whole (rubber/plastic) front end. But on the hood, I'm really concerned about the "edge" of the clear bra accross the hood and the possible fading issue. Also the clearbra won't help with those rock that skim the hood and for some reason there's alot of that in my neck of the woods!

I know I'm crazy wanting to put this on the front of my baby, maybe it's the ******* in me... I think it looks cool with my gunrack in the rear window :rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Get the 3m clear installed or something similiar if your concerned about bugs and rocks, but the deflector? This is no Camry or Accord!! When was the last time you saw a deflector on a Mercedes, Jag, or Lexus?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.