Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
300special said:
what do you guys and gals think ? , we are toying around with a few hoods, heres a redone version of that first ram air hood.
would be stamped metal ....
tz
Tommy, I like the hood. Especially that it will be in stamped metal. What other designs, sketches, ideas, etc. are in the works as well? The one that is pictured, what is it's measurement off of the hood, at the rear of the hood closest to the window?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FreebirdSRT said:
Tommy, I like the hood. Especially that it will be in stamped ,metal. What other designs, sketches, ideas, etc. are in the works as well? The one that is pictured, what is it's measurement off of the hood, at the rear of the hood closest to the window?

It would be about 2" no more , maybe less depending on the 3d profile of the thing, as far as the front scoops , those would also be a little more understated , i just had to make them bigger to give the look...

i have a few others on the table , but they are way more subdued than that design. i cant really see a huge ram air hood on the 300, but that one for the charger turned out better than ever expected.

heres a few old pics some of you guys might remember, that i am trying to forget.

t

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Personally I think the scoop openings should go all the way over to the break. Then the feed to the scoop could be the original hood line, feathered forward and the original center line bump could lead go back to a Charger-esce center rib in the scoop... but then I'm not any kind of a mod guy designer at all!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GoofyTimL said:
Personally I think the scoop openings should go all the way over to the break. Then the feed to the scoop could be the original hood line, feathered forward and the original center line bump could lead go back to a Charger-esce center rib in the scoop... but then I'm not any kind of a mod guy designer at all!

i keep reading ..but i aint understandin... lol
i see the charger-esce center rib fading to nothingness...but the scoops ..im lost.

t

·
Registered
52 Posts
300special said:
what do you guys and gals think ? , we are toying around with a few hoods, heres a redone version of that first ram air hood.
tz
I like it.
Ballpark... how much with shipping?
Painted brilliant black

-Nevermore

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iwakethenibake said:
me like too...we need a price range. it looks subtle and functional enough 4me.

not made yet guys, just trying to get a feel a what we want as 300 owners , i know i hated the first ram air one... i just want to know who wants looks , or working ram air ,or both... i beleive that unless your going 3 or 400mph the ram air doesnt really kick in , any feedback ?

t

·
Registered
203 Posts
hood scoop

300special said:
not made yet guys, just trying to get a feel a what we want as 300 owners , i know i hated the first ram air one... i just want to know who wants looks , or working ram air ,or both... i beleive that unless your going 3 or 400mph the ram air doesnt really kick in , any feedback ?

t
In my opinion, Ithink a air scoop/ram looks nice on a Charger or Magnum but not the 300. I like to keep the 300 to have the classical look. If you do design one, make it functional so it will draw cool air to the induction srstem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I totally agree, the scoops should be left totally to the charger and the magnum. The 300 is a more luxurious car, but I am going to step on my toes and say that I would love to see a carbon fiber version of the stock hood or a carbon fiber version of the RKsport hood!

Blake

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Ok... le'me try to 'splain' it some more... HeeHee

The outside edge of the scoop would go a little further to the side breaks in the unaltered form of the original hood. Therefore there would not be evidence of the scoop indent as shown in your image going forward to the front grill. In essence the scoop (other than divided by a verticle element - see below - would be a single, wide scoop vs. two distinct openings.

The centerline ridge of the original hood does not broaden from front to back, but your mod's appears to. It also has to rise to the top of the scoop profile.

In my mind's eye it should stay as original, thin and consistent in height, ending at the scoop facewith a vertical vein component (thus Charger-esque). Is that any more clear?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
300special said:
Got it ..finally

heres another idear pauly
be nice this ones a little far out...
t
..........NOPE,not for me !

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
300special said:
tz
This looks good,but the scoops should be left totally
to the charger and the magnum. As it has been said,
the "300" IS TOO LUXURIOUS for this particular mod. JMO..

·
Registered
138 Posts
i like the first pic,i i also wanna see more angles.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
The Chrysler 300 is indeed a classic and luxurious car. Also keep in mind the rich racing history of this "classic" looking car, which Chrysler themselves promoted. It was not called the "Beautiful Brute" for just her classic lines, but for her pavement pounding introduction of the first Hemi engine, in 1955.

In 1955 Walt Woron with Motor Trend, declared "There's something quite strange about this car-something that is difficult to put into words; the sounds, the feel, the looks of it set it pretty much apart from the run-of-the-mill Detroit product. It feels somewhat like a sports car, an airplane, a boat. You're not in an ordinary vehichle when you're in the 300."

In it's first year of production the new C-300 would win both major American stock car racing series: NASCAR and AAA. So began the legend and for each of the next ten years a new 300 model, identified by a different letter of the alphabet, would appear.

Over three decades later, Chrysler raided the 300 series gene pool to create a new series of High Performance cars worthy of their Chrysler 300 "letter series" forebears.

Just my .02, on the classic heritage 300 vs. the racing heritage 300.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts