Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder why my $35,000 car doesn't come with a light under the hood. How much could that possibly have added to the bottom line? :pat:

Has anyone out there added a light under the hood? I'd like something that's "plug and play" that looks as if it was stock. Anyone have pictures and information?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
For my money, a flashlight in the glovebox is a better value.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I too am kind of amused by this. Sunday I was washing my dad's 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee for him (it was 72 degrees F sunday and this morning it snowed:pat: ) .... but I digress.

The 2000 Jeep has both an underhood light, as well as a "service reminder" that tells you when 3000 miles is up to change oil..... features that niether my '05 300C nor Dad's '06 300C-SRT8 have. :)

But.... the Jeep doesn't have a HEMI!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wonder why my $35,000 car doesn't come with a light under the hood. How much could that possibly have added to the bottom line? :pat:

Has anyone out there added a light under the hood? I'd like something that's "plug and play" that looks as if it was stock. Anyone have pictures and information?
I agree that for the money, (I just paid 40K), a hood light should be in there. It also should have a light in the center console box. Chrysler put the lights where you can see them in the '08: LEDs in the cupholders and front & rear map pockets! If that's all I can complain about, I'm ahead of the game. I love this car so far.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
My truck has one too.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips. I do have the flash light, but some lights when you open the hood in the dark is quite nice.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Thanks for the link to my thread Rambit! FreeBirdSRT was the first to do this I believe. The Jeep light is nice and bright and would be additive to a flashlight as it illuminate the entire engine bay allowing you to point the flashlight at the point of interest.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, so once I get these items I will easily be able to install the light and route the wiring....then my expertise ends. When it comes to auto-electrics a have thumbs in the middle of my hands.

Could someone who has done this show a "hook up for dummies" photo as to where exactly I will tap in to get power to the light(s)? I'd hate to have to take the car in because I did something stupid.

Hope you guys and gals out there can assist an electrical illiterate like me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts