Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I am new to this forum and I am seriously thinking about buying a 2006 300c.
I found one I like, it is black, rwd, nav, sunroof, its loaded! It has 11,000 miles on it. It is only going for $21,995. The kelly blue book on it is almost $28,000. I did a carfax and all that and everything checks out. Should I be a lil suspicious about the big discount?? I drove it and the steering feels a little loose, is that normal?

Also it has crome everywhere on the outside (I dont like it at all), it looks like its the plastic stuff you can just stick on to the car, its on the bottom and on the gass tank cover, and around the wheel wells it has crome that looks to be screwed on. Can I remove all this with out any damage to the car? On the inside it also has that fake wood stuck on to the dash and steering wheel, can I take that off as well with out damaging the finish? Also is the grill easy to replace? I dont like the aftermarket grill they have on it.

Here are some pics so you can see where the crome and the fake wood are, i want it all gone! lol can it be done?

Thanks for your help and if there is anything I should know please feel free to let me know!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Loose steering could be caused by problem with inner/outer tie rods. Common thing on these cars as I understand. It should be fixed under warranty. Look for uneven tire wear.

Did Benz have the same problem? I am asking as suspension was inherited and I understand members noticed the same issues that plagued Benz cars.

Removal of the custom junk could be a tough thing. I am not sure how cleanly it can be done. Especially inside. I guess this is the reason why the car may go cheaper. It is overly customized!

·
Registered
124 Posts
A comparison... I just purchased Cool Vanilla 2007 300C 7 months old with 7,000 miles on it. Loaded...sunroof, Nav, backseat DVD etc..etc...for $20,000. The window sticker for it was over $40,000.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey Italian!

Have them ck out the front suspension, From the pics it looks like the cars at a dealer. If so, Id have them remove all the chrome trim. That way if there a issue they can fix it. I think some of that stuff is peel/stick like the door handles/pillars. The interior wood grain will peel off but leave a bunch of adhesive thats a bitch to clean off, Ive been thru it. I would think the fender chrome is screwed in as well. As far as miles/price it sounds good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Trojan!

Yes the car is at a dealer. I will have them take the crome off. It won't do any damage to the paint or body by taking it off will it? The crome around the wheel well is srcrewed into the body from the bottom. I would guess all it would take is to unscrew it correct, would they glue those to the body as well?

Also on the fake wood trim, is it easy to take off, does the sticky stuff it leaves behind take time to get off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts