Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to use my horn for the first time today (someone nearly killed me and another motorist by busting a crazy 5 lane change at ~90 mph).

Is it normal for the horn to sound a bit unusual? My horn does not sound like a normal US car horn.

My horn has an odd tone, like a f*ckin boat horn or something...is that normal?

If my horn is f'd up, maybe i'll pick up a Ferrari/Euro trumpet..they sound sick as hell.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Jonbbas said:
.....If my horn is f'd up, maybe i'll pick up a Ferrari/Euro trumpet..they sound sick as hell.
You're going to replace a bad sounding horn with one that is even worse?:confused:

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I replaced mine with Fiamm twin Italian air horns and you can hear it for miles. It sounds spectacular. My problem is that damned horn pad on the steering wheel, very unreliable. I have complained to DCX and NHTSA about this. It needs a floating hub design.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
That's what I keep telling my wife I wanna do. Were they hard to install? And yeah, I agree about the horn, you have to wail on the wheel to get it to sound sometimes. Not real safe.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Horn Mod

I want Rodney Dangerfields horn from Caddyshack!

Hey wang, what are you taking pictures of its a parking lot!

Dan(ny Noonan)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hell, yeah! PA systems are awesome...after having one in Iraq, I'm tempted... Of course, it's prolly good that I don't have a sunroof, the next step if the Iraqis don't get out of the way when you yell at them is to throw a water bottle...sometimes they have something other than water in them...can you go to jail for throwing a bottle of urine at another car on the interstate? :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Bottle of urine.......:yuck: . Anyway, just today I noticed my horn sounds funny- like one of the notes is coming and going- doesn’t sound right. And I agree about the horn pad-I feel like I have to press the darned thing through the floor- or I’ll press it and it won’t honk.
Anyone remember the Chryslers with the horn rim that went around the inside of the steering wheel? Just squeeze the steering wheel and honk the mess out of it. Or the turn signals out on the front hood? Sorry, just remembering my youth in loads of Chryslers. :wink: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Easy

MrHappy said:
That's what I keep telling my wife I wanna do. Were they hard to install? And yeah, I agree about the horn, you have to wail on the wheel to get it to sound sometimes. Not real safe.
Very easy install, here is the original thread.

edit: On the last page in this thread Northern Rider hosted a video of the installed product and sound.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I had 3 big rig trumpets on my GMC (air compessor mounted where the spare was).

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=4536

The pics were taken in 2004 at my sisters house during massive construction...notice her BMW M5 in front of my truck.
Also, these pics were taken before I put 3 trip bypass kings, lower uniballs, heim joint steering, 14 bolt reared, and 44's. It has 42" TSL's in the pic.

i don't recommend doing this to a truck...it turned heads more than a ferrari, but i got pulled over like every 2 weeks (illegally high in cali). plus with 5.13 gears, and how big it was, it wasn't safe to do any faster than 75 mph.

The truck sat eye to eye with a semi truck.

btw, the wheel pictue is what i had on my mitsu EVO (sold it for my SRT8).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Anyone remember the Chryslers with the horn rim that went around the inside of the steering wheel? Just squeeze the steering wheel and honk the mess out of it. Or the turn signals out on the front hood? Sorry, just remembering my youth in loads of Chryslers.

I don't remember it on the Chryslers exactly, but I do remember that Oldsmobile had it in the late '60's they called it "rim blow". Nice feature; only problem was that my Mom used the steering wheel as a grab point getting in and out. So she always honked the horn.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
I do remember the turn signal lights on each front corner, of the front fenders, on Chrysler's, Caddies and Lincoln's. I thought those were so cool.For the loudest, have everyone get the F*** out of your way, horns on the planet. Try www.HornBlasters.com. I have a set of there train horns for my Ford-F 250 and it will scare the you know what out of most. Train keep a rollin, all night long,lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts