Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of discussion related to problems getting horn to work. I have the opposite problem with my 2005 300C - the horn is VERY sensitive. It will honk sometimes if I turn the steering wheel or it will honk if I push or pull on top of steering wheel rim.
I pulled the fuse#4 to stop the embarrassment in traffic when the horn would sound when I turned or touched the steering wheel wrong.
However, fuse#4 also controls the A/C clutch operation!! I must get the horn fixed.
I have service manual and I can disarm air bag and remove the cover. The cover looks distorted (depressed) on left side - like maybe the horn switch is almost always being engaged?
If I remove the cover with bag and horn assembly, what can I check for horn switch operation. The service manual also has warning that after I reassemble the cover, the air bag must be checked before reinstalling battery cable. How do I check air bag function to verify bag will not deploy when I attach cable?

thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
had the same problem last year, replaced the horn/air bag cover on the steering wheel, problem gone. Disconnect the battery & wait for 10 mins before playing with airbag system it requires time to discharge the airbag system control

1 - 2 of 2 Posts