Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I have another problem I've been putting off to fix, but being in the Florida heat, it can't wait any longer. My A/C doesn't seem to be working, but let me give you a back story first.

It started out about a year ago
The A/C on the passengers side started to become warm, even on the coldest settings.
I put it off because the AC wasn't really necessary at that time of the year and the drivers side still worked. Eventually the drivers side turned to warm air as well.
It turned out that there was a small leak and I had to replace an O ring on the passengers side.
After that the A/C was back to being ice cold.
This summer the same thing happened; passenger side went out then drivers side.
I had new Freon put in, it seemed to be pretty empty, and it was ice cold again.
This was about a month ago.
Now both sides are warm once again, and in this florida heat AC is a must.
Has any run into this problem where the AC keeps doing this?
Do you think it's another leak?
I'd prefer not going to the stealership for obvious reasons.
Any input is appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would definitely say that your a.c. Has another leak, if the first one was repaired properly. I work on air conditioners in Australia, and I'd say that if its the same symptoms, it'll be the same problem. There is a fluorescent dye they can put in with the freon to make it easier to spot a leak, as they are sometimes hard to find

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I had this happen and I found the leak. The service port itself was leaking. If nothing else do the dye test and see if you can locate it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright will do. I have some of the dye so I can give it a shot. I just didn't know if it was something else since it happened quite a few times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts