Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Improve cornering by reducing body roll with a set of Hotchkis Performance Sway Bars. Hotchkis bars feature lightweight hollow construction and include greaseable polyurethane bushing and are powder coated for durability. Each bar set has been tested and tuned to ensure the best performance possible.

Specs:
2005-Up Chrysler 300/Dodge Magnum 2wd
HP Front Bar - 1 3/8" (35mm)
Stock = 30mm Solid
HP Rear Bar - 3/4" (19mm)
Stock = 15mm Solid
% Stiff over Stock
Front Bar - 30%
Rear Bar - 150%

22101 Hotchkis Swaybar Package $349.99 with free shipping through Sunday, February 12th.

Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-482-9763.

Have a good day!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If you are even remotely considering upgrading your sway bars...
with an offer like this...
you can't pass it up...
tbyrne steps up to the plate and knocks a homerun outta the park again...
talk about a supporting vendor...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Chris, you can really tell that big a difference over the beefed up SRT bars?? I couldn't imagine 3 or 5mm would be noticeable. Also, did you install yourself & if so, how difficult (time wise also). If not, what was charge to install? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
srt dryve said:
Chris, you can really tell that big a difference over the beefed up SRT bars?? I couldn't imagine 3 or 5mm would be noticeable. Also, did you install yourself & if so, how difficult (time wise also). If not, what was charge to install? Thanks.
add the KW's to the equation...
(the two go hand in hand)...
I drove one with both and then mine and back into the upgraded car...
there is a difference that is big enough for me to say hey guys...
upgrade time!!!
I have yet to drive one that has only the sways...
if someone has just the sways...
chime in please!

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
srt dryve said:
I had a dealer install my sway bars. They quoted and charged me $256, but they made it clear afterwords that it took them a lot longer then they expected.

It was a challenge finding someone willing and able to install my bars.

Big O said they could do it for $200. They even looked at my car a week earlier. I drop it off the following week, and 45 minutes later they call me at home to say they can't do the rears because they don't have the correct stand to support the "K-bar".

I then take my car to a large Goodyear tire/service shop and they said they didn't want to install them because they were not qualified.

Another shop wouldn't install my sways unless I bought the sways from them.

Another Chrysler dealer wouldn't do the install because they don't install aftermarket products.

I brought the car to 3 other shops that all said they would have to put her up on the stand to give me a quote on the install, and whether they thought they could do it.

It appears it takes at least 3 hours - 2hrs for the rear, and 1hr for the front.

I really can't notice much difference with the new sways. Maybe I just don't drive enough twisty roads. But taking those sweeping freeway exits/onramps doesn't feel much different either. IMO, the cost of the sways/install is fairly steep for the small added improvement. But if you have the money and want every little bit of extra performance, then go with the sways.

Below is a pic off the net of the rear sway bar.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts