Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 installed ** SWEET **

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  RobAGD 
#1 · (Edited)
Hotchkis Springs and Sawybars made it on finally.

Not too bad to install, you really need a second set of hands for the rear. Lots of twisting and tweaking to get thing in and out.

I didnt take pictures and I had a very small window to get all the work done :( and I was still in the stall for the better parts of 6 hours.

Fronts were more work, and needed more tools

Rears were more daunting of a task given your droping the rear cradle. But easier work in general.

Ok Some pics :

Before :

After : And yes I knows it dirty, dad lives on a dirt road :(

Oi!

Love them !

-Robert

See less See more
#5 ·
I think its damn near level, that picture puts a little rake on it.

As I recall Hemee had about 1/4 of rake on hers, Ill get a tape out a measure tonight and see. I was trying realy hard to take the picture at the same angel but its a bit hard :/

I was in a rush to get it done ( 1 day of stall time ) so I just thrashed it out.

I belive the 300c gets 1" even drop and the Magnum for some reason get 1.25" but its not settled in yet so we shall see.

-Robert

#7 ·
Do the new coilovers significantly reduce the amount of shock(and noise) transmitted to the cabin?

When driving over bumps/holes, I find the C to be way too noisy and harsh. Since I replaced the self sealer contis with 255/45/20's, I am now getting a little bump steer too.

My last hope of getting a smooth/improved ride is the coilovers. I already have the Hotchkis sways installed.

#8 ·
I only have baout 150 miles on them so I cant really say.

I would say the car is a tad more darty, there is no steering slack, its RIGHT NOW, which I like but it takes alittle getting use to.

Driving RT 50 west and East the raod can be a little rough but nothing real bad, I havent hit anything worse than just broken up pavement. I avoid anything bigger like the plague :D

When I get everything cleaned up and aligned, I'll do a much more thourgh thrashing the the suspention and see how it settles out for me.

-Robert

PS - one thing I have learned is that sooo much is user preferance, going from what one person says to another can just lead a person to chase thier own tail :) Like I tell customers " It's like asking whats better Boxers or Briefs... Or Bananna Hammock ! " They typically get the idea.

#9 ·
RobAGD said:
I think its damn near level, that picture puts a little rake on it.

As I recall Hemee had about 1/4 of rake on hers, Ill get a tape out a measure tonight and see. I was trying realy hard to take the picture at the same angel but its a bit hard :/

I was in a rush to get it done ( 1 day of stall time ) so I just thrashed it out.

I belive the 300c gets 1" even drop and the Magnum for some reason get 1.25" but its not settled in yet so we shall see.

-Robert
Hereyago Rob...

300C:
Drop = actual 1" front / .8" rear
Rake = 3/8"
Measurements have not varied since install

#11 ·
Well teh question I would have to ask myself in your shoes is this :

Why do you want 1.5 to 2" of drop ?

Can you live with the harsher ride ?

With those wheels and tires you are loosing a lot of built in buffering from the sidewalls.

If its not a daily driver and you want it for show knock yourself out, if your doing it to just look cool, I would suggest not, and going with the 1" drop and a 20" tire with some side wall.

Its all a matter of personal taste, I dont care for the look of a lot of the "bagged" cars or the cars with huge wheels and rubberbands for tires. I have riden and driven enough of those over the years that I am over that look :)

Hit one of the M&G and look at everyones rides and see what you like in person.

-R

#12 ·
DUBSTER said:
I Want To Install The Eibach 1.6" Or 2" Kit On My 300. I Have 265 22 35 All The Way Around And The Wheels Are 22x9.5. I Really Want To Get The 2" Kit, But I Am Afraid That There Will Be Rubbing In The Front. I Need Help!!!!!
Welcome dubster,
Lotsa Eibach threads in this same suspension forum :01:

#13 ·
joey said:
Do the new coilovers significantly reduce the amount of shock(and noise) transmitted to the cabin?

When driving over bumps/holes, I find the C to be way too noisy and harsh. Since I replaced the self sealer contis with 255/45/20's, I am now getting a little bump steer too.

My last hope of getting a smooth/improved ride is the coilovers. I already have the Hotchkis sways installed.
Just so there is no confusion, I didnt not install Coil Overs. I install Sway Bars and a Spring Kit from Hotchkis. I also had to replace the Load Leveling Shocks from my Tow Package with Standard RT Shocks.

-R

PS - did a few higher speed runs on some rougher on/off ramps today, car seems to be no where as jittery as it was over rough pavement while cornering.

#14 ·
Do the 22s

RobAGD said:
Well teh question I would have to ask myself in your shoes is this :

Why do you want 1.5 to 2" of drop ?

Can you live with the harsher ride ?

With those wheels and tires you are loosing a lot of built in buffering from the sidewalls.
-R
Not really. With the TVS and the new wheels the ride is 100% better.

Dump the stock wheels and tires. No rubbing, ESP doesn't get in the way anymore and it feels like it is on rails without a harsh ride at all. My wife loves it. She doesn't drive hard but I do and I concur. Go with 22s. The tires fit the car now. I thought I was being crazy when I thought I was doing the 22s but I'm really glad I did it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.