Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two years ago after purchasing my 300C I replaced the Continental self-sealing tires with Goodyear Assurance Comforthread. Two winters have passed since then, and I feel that this coming winter I won't be able to do without new tires. I am wondering if I put back the Original Contis (basically new condition, only spent 2 years in the basement), will that be a good enough solution for the winter? How is the performance of the original Continentals on snow?

Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
They suck bad enough that I traded mine in on an AWD when I lived up north. Yeah - I know that snow tires are cheaper.

-david

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
We didn't survive the first winter snow with the OEM Conti rubber. Almost got stuck in an elderly lady's driveway when we took her home from church after getting about 3 inches of the white stuff. Went and bought two Blizzacks right after that for the rears. The next winter (last winter) we bought two more Blizzacks... and are still running them (in June) just because it defers spending even more money on new all-seasons, probably until next spring. (Just because we had some major, unforeseen expenses come up since the first of the year).

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Conti's + snow = NFG. I have them on my car but if it is slippery, I borrow the wife's Concorde FWD with winter tires all around.

·
Registered
408 Posts
My experience with the Conti's was horrible, I got rid of them at 11k as they were lumpy and no decent grip in light snow going up a hill. If you have heavy snow I would suggest winter tires, if only light snow then a good brand of tires other than the original Conti's may work well for you. I bought Z chains in case I get caught in a snowstorm other than that I will use the OL's Jeep if possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts