Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good methods that wont hurt my car. This sap has the consistency of gorilla glue, Ive never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Buy a car cover! My driveway is surrounded by pines and poplars. Tar and bug remover, elbow grease and wash with mild soap after. Then cover car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try different things

Spray a little WD-40. Try a (believe it or not) insect repellant with a high concentration of DEET - great solvent. Claybar and lots of soapy water.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Turtle Wax bug and tar remover might do the trick. Let it soak for a while, then gently rub it off. On glass I use a razor blade once the sap has dried.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
gooo-gone, or how ever you spell it

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Claybar is king for sap, bugs, tar, transferred paint, water spots on the windshield etc. Search clay for how to use it, very easy without any risk to the finish, cheap and works better than anything.

·
Registered
154 Posts
WD40 & a good waxing after you're done....:)

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I have found WD40 to begin the attack on sap, but only if it is relatively fresh and pliable. If you don't find the spot for a day or two, it will allow you to get most of it off, but not all. Follow that with a clay bar and fairly strong pressure while rubbing the spot and it will eventually capture it all. I have to do several spots recently that were apparently a week or more old... my wife brought them to my attention (a little late).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts