Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 2014 300c and on the dash i see a sport mode symbol, first question does the vehicle have a "sport" mode. Second question, how do i completely turn off traction control?

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
The traction control can be turned totally off with some wiring. I have a NoESP switch wired into the traction control circuit in the fusebox.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i just got a 2014 300c and on the dash i see a sport mode symbol, first question does the vehicle have a "sport" mode. Second question, how do i completely turn off traction control?
For sport mode, there is either a button on the dash or your shifter should have an "S". I have the 8 speed automatic so if I want to engage sport mode, I would pull the shifter back one click after I am in "D".

As far as traction control, there is a button near your A/C controls that turns it off. If my memory is correct, it is next to the hazard light button.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The owners manual has a wealth of information in it. I read mine front to back several times when I brought my new car home.
Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

Reactions: ClutchDog

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
The traction control can be turned totally off with some wiring. I have a NoESP switch wired into the traction control circuit in the fusebox.
As far as traction control, there is a button near your A/C controls that turns it off. If my memory is correct, it is next to the hazard light button.
The Traction Control button in the car does not totally turn off the traction control. It just lessens the effect. It allows wheel spin and minimizes the throttle reduction. The Stability Control and ABS Still work. You can totally turn off the Traction Control with the Diablo Trinity tuner. Remember though that if you turn off the Traction Control with the tuner you turn off everything, including the ABS.

MADDOG, does your hardwired switch turn off the ABS along with the TC?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts