Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove it? I put the 300 emblem on the dash. Now I want to remove it and replace it with something else, but I don't want to ruin the dash. What do I do?

·
Registered
435 Posts
need more details hun, what did you use to stick it on? that way we could know how to get it off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you used the two sided sticky tape, they why don’t you try using the same trick that is used to take them off the outside. Get a small piece of fishing line and tie each end to a small stick. Slide the fishing line under one end and then use a sawing action to simply cut the tape. This will leave the sticky part of the tape on your dash. You can then use something like “Goo Gone” to remove the adhesive from the dash. NOTE: Try the Goo Gone on a small part of the dash that can not be seen FIRST. Do this to make sure there is NOT a reaction and is actually safe to be used where the results can be seen. Make sure to clean the area with water based cleaner (to stop any possible reactions that may be delayed) and then clean it with some type of alcohol based cleaner to completely clean the surface. At lease this is what I would try, if anyone has any better solutions please chime in.

·
Registered
435 Posts
sorry, turned in after posting last night, too sleepy to come back and check for your reply.... since it hasn't been on there too long, you can get it off with a blow dryer. Be real careful, warm it up a little at a time till you can pry/lift it off with your fingers (or some small scoop type thing) don't apply pressure to the padding on the dash itself it will indent if you do.
spot test under the dash before using any solvents, don't know how delicate our interior actually is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts