Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I hit such a massive pothole on an I-80 junction I was surprised I didn't screw up my 18s o_O I mean, I didn't really have a choice, it was either hit the pothole or the car on my left. :pat:

*sigh* How do you guys do it? Between the wheel theft (that makes the 300 rather high on the comprehensive insurance ratings), and the gigantic potholes, not to mention the increased risk of vandalism (jealous "brothers"), lol..

I wish, but I just can't afford that!

·
Banned
651 Posts
Bayyyyyyyyy Areaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I just ALWAYS watch out for potholes as best i can...........

Oh and when i had my 24's......i NEVER had any type of wheelocks...:lick:

All in location and where i live there aren't any potholes.....:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is what I ask myself every day I drive around here!!! The roads look like patchwork, there are huge potholes in the middle of the freeway that you can't see until you are five feet away going 70 mph. It is an absolute outrage, the cities should pick up the tab for cracked rims, front end damage, and whatever else is caused by the crap roads. According to a poll that came out on the news last night, the top three worst roads are
1. Los Angeles
2. San Jose
3. Bay Area (Oakland, San Francisco, etc)

·
Registered
171 Posts
The potholes do suck. I haven't had any problems with them yet but my friend dented his wheel going over one. The 10 has tons of potholes by where I live.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This is probably the biggest reason why I stayed with 20's instead of going with 22's. I'm on Hwy 80 everyday. I know where all the big potholes are but every now and then, one will sneak up on me. :12:

·
Registered
859 Posts
A week before i got my wheels i surveyed the streets that i take to work everyday! I know what lane is the best on each street that i take! Other than that ive only had them for 2 weeks

·
Registered
118 Posts
San diego isnt as bad as LA thats for sure, but I still have to keep my eyes peeled here. I cant wait to move back to Idaho where the transportation department knows what they are doing and you can cruse without worrying about pot holes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
San diego isnt as bad as LA thats for sure, but I still have to keep my eyes peeled here. I cant wait to move back to Idaho where the transportation department knows what they are doing and you can cruse without worrying about pot holes.
CalTrans knows what it's doing too. Maybe better than any other highway agency in the country.

The problem is that we don't have any money to fix the roads. Unlike Idaho, our money is being poured down social ratholes. The public hospitals in Los Angeles county alone are over a billion in debt, largely because of illegal immigrants. Not much of that going on in Idaho.

·
Registered
118 Posts
CalTrans knows what it's doing too. Maybe better than any other highway agency in the country.

The problem is that we don't have any money to fix the roads. Unlike Idaho, our money is being poured down social ratholes. The public hospitals in Los Angeles county alone are over a billion in debt, largely because of illegal immigrants. Not much of that going on in Idaho.
Its the unfortunate truth. Idaho has a large population of illegal immigrants, im sure 70% of agricultural(potato) workforce are illegal immigrants, the only difference is that they have no rights in Idaho.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Hahahaaa! Right on, California has the third highest tax rate in the US on fuel and it also houses about 13% of the total US population. About every $0.01 of fuel tax in CA equates to over a billion dollars statewide a year, and they're charging about $0.50 tax! Wheres it all going? IDK? I hit a pothole 6 inches deep 3 foot wide and 12 foot long, dented the hell out of my stock BBS's on the BMW.. I might of even went airborne? CA is awesome! :thumbsdow

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If you don't like it here go back to where you came from! XD

I gotta like it, I was born here.

And I think the people born here should have 1000x the rights of people who weren't :D

*pokes UCB* Wait, why do I have to go through all this trouble? I should say I'm a foreign exchange student from the east bay, lol.

yeah, I'll be going to UCB eventually. I know what ya'll think about it, and I don't really care much about that college either but it's the closest thing to my house *sigh*

PS: The reason CA is broke is because we have ****heads running the state, it's the same reason my town is broke, we had this old idiot running the town for years on end, and the city management said no to every single project that would've brought in money because nobody could agree on it.

Oh yeah, and all the "review committees" - did you know there's even a BAY VIEW committee (or something like that), if you want to build on land that ends at the bay, you have to get approval and follow special rules set by that committee to allow public to reach the bay from your land.

Tons of crap like that, I'm liberal but not a fan of big government either, it allows for too many jobs filled by lazy people (If I was to go further in this topic I'd probably get in big troble)

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you don't like it here go back to where you came from! XD
I hear that..... I cant wait to get back home to Idaho (no offense cali).... unfortunately the Navy owns my wife for another 3 years.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol.

I hate to say this, but I can't say much good about SoCal either, most aggressive bunch of people I've ever come across.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I hear that..... I cant wait to get back home to Idaho (no offense cali).... unfortunately the Navy owns my wife for another 3 years.
I'm a native San Diegan who escaped to Idaho 15 years ago and never looked back; This is "home" and I could never live in Southern California again.

I take it you are from Southern Idaho (from your comments about Potatos and illegal aliens). I escaped to North Idaho where we don't know anything about potatoes but we DO have potholes in our roads! :pat: :biggrin:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm a native San Diegan who escaped to Idaho 15 years ago and never looked back; This is "home" and I could never live in Southern California again.

I take it you are from Southern Idaho (from your comments about Potatos and illegal aliens). I escaped to North Idaho where we don't know anything about potatoes but we DO have potholes in our roads! :pat: :biggrin:
I went to school in Moscow, Id. Only went to Coeur d' Alene to Golf (man is that a great course) if I remember correctly my roommate would always complain about the roads up there. Boise is is my home and in High School I could drive anywhere dragging the ass end of my mini truck with no worries of pot holes ripping off my bumpers.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
lol.

I hate to say this, but I can't say much good about SoCal either, most aggressive bunch of people I've ever come across.

Hey, hey, SoCal has nice peeps but I agree with the statement completely. Unfortunately, you gotta go with the flow or you won't survive in this jungle; kinda just the law of the land down here. Trouble is everyone is also on their cell phones, eating, reading, etc. while driving at the same time and piss you off so you try to get around them and give them a piece of your mind!

·
Registered
84 Posts
i got a real big problem with potholes, yesterday i was driving back from san clemente to seattle on I-5 and just coming out of valencia, going up to the sierras i hit a pot hole doing about 78, it cracked my back rim completly in half, my front rim got bent lost alll pressure and had a small crack, but basically had to wait 5 hours in bakersfield untill i got to a chop shop of some sorts got some wheels and was able to make it home, luckily im getting it fixed but still i was so freaking mad and i dont get how hard it can be to fix a pot hole, watch the left lane going north on the I-5 about 3 mins past magic mountain.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I would disagree. I live in Minneapolis and when it snows you should see the orchestra of plow trucks clearing the roads day and night, it's mind plowing sometimes. We have a joke here, there are two seasons here, winter and road construction. The roads get filled with potholes but as soon as it warms up they are out filling them in.

Also about damaged wheels ect... because of potholes, if you take a photo of the pothole and the damage to you car, you can sue the city for damages. I've heard it done many times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts