Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 CSRT8.

I don't even see a button for the headlight washers.

I don't see one on the stick that has the wiper functions on it either.

:pat: Help, and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
113 Posts
When you hit the windshield washers a couple of time it will go on automaticaly . If I remember I think it's the 4th time

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yes, they squirt every fourth activation of the windshield washers. There is no independent activation. The best way to verify is to be driving at night (or sitting in front of your garage door) and then hit the wash button for 1+ sec 4 to five times. You will see a noticeable impact on the headlight projection when the lenses get hit with the wash water.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The key here is the headlights have to be on. They don't work otherwise.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
not sure if the headlights have to be on (mine dont anyways) but yes every 4th time you push down on the washer the one for the headlamps will go.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A an aside, if you have DRL's, the washers will work anytime you hit the button.
I have day time running lights (required in canada), and my headlamp washers go every 4th time.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
DRL'S????? Daytime running lights??????
Are you asking whether or not you should/could have them?

Here in the US your freindly neighborhood stealership can "enable" them through the proper application of his StarScan tool.

I got mine "enabled" back in October of 2005 for (1) Havana cigar to the service manager who did it as an experiment by himself to see if he could do it, and I didn't even buy the car from his employer! Nice guy. My selling-stealership tried, but failed
Other owners have supplied pizza for the stealership's shop as thanks.
Yet others have been forced to pay real money for the stealership's shop time.

Any stealership worth their 5-stars (even some that yet haven't attained that lofty status) should be able to do it. All that's left to determine is the price!

Do a search on this forum, you'll find complete directions to hand to the less-enlightened stealership to set them on the right path.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Funny story...not 300 related but head light washer related...My buddy has an 01 Audi S4, so he asks me what the little bumps in the bumpers are in front of the head lights??? so i tell him that those are your head light lenses washers...he says what??? no way stop messing with me and hes laughing like im joking, so i say ok get out and go watch your head lights...so i get in the car hold down the washer button for the wipers, out pop the light squirters and spray down the lights, my boys face dropped with disbelief he started to laugh uncontrollably and had to leave b/c he was astonished over the fact that he had lenses washers, so needless to say thats his new toy now he just likes to drive around and spray down his head lamps for no reason, just b/c he can, now he goes through washer fluid like a champ, i never knew head light washers could be so amusing to some people...LOL:cool:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
lol, funny story. I love their head lamp washers more then ours (particularly the fact that they are hidden)

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
XD I like ours just fine, they look kinda neat, but I think the pop-outs are funny too. My favorite, are the old school little headlight wipers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts