Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My forum searches only found people with dealers replacing their radios whenever they have a problem with them.

But I really would rather not have the dealer digging in there, if at all possible...

My satellite radio froze about 2 weeks ago. When you switch to satellite radio is it stuck on the preview channel and none of the buttons work. No sound, nothing. But the regular radio, nav, and cd work fine.

I tried unplugging the battery for about an hour, but the radio seems to keep all the memory (doesn't loose pre-programmed radio stations or anything).

I would like to hard boot the satellite radio, but I can't find a way. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
If you remove the left rear inside panel in the trunk, you can get to the Sirius unit. If you unplug the cable from it and run your car a bit, it will actually drop the saved stations and settings from the head unit. You can then plug it back it and it will force a download of the channel guide data. If that does not clear it up, you will need a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a Sirius issue a while back (lost all channels, even the preview channel). The dealer called DC directly and spoke to a technician who walked him through some things to do. One of the things he did was use a combination of the radio unit front panel buttons to reset the system. Unfortunately, I did not have a clear enough view to see all the things he was trying, but it involved using the INFO button while pressing some other buttons. The CD player spit out all the CDs in quick succession and the system reset. Anyway, it seemed to fix the problem.

I wish I could tell you the exact button combination. There must be a list somewhere of all the "special" button combinations somewhere. Anybody have any more info?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine just did this same thing.... I will try unpluging Sirius...I would rather not unplug battery....don't want to have to setup all electronics and such.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny, if we have M*soft in our cars, then we got real problems. Since you mentioned Ctrl-Alt-Delete, check out

www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=1423

The expression on Bill Gate's face is hilarious!

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
The truth hurts doesn't it. Hey Mr. Bill, if you made a stable operating system in the first place, you wouldn't have a reason to get upset.

If that ctrl-alt-delete inventor still works for Microsoft, I'm sure it won't be for long.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nolmscheid said:
Mine just did this same thing.... I will try unpluging Sirius...I would rather not unplug battery....don't want to have to setup all electronics and such.
I unplugged the battery for 1 hour, and nothing was lost. Nothing in the memory seats, radio, etc... Car drove just as usual afterward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It worked for me

After my local dealer was clueless about how long a "hard reset" might take on a satellite radio and having to wait four days for an appointment I found this and tried it on my 2007 300C. I had to unplug both cables but it worked like a charm. Thanks JonW and 300C forum!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just unplugged the cables and drove around about 20 minutes....plugged them back in and same ole stuff "P1 sat 184" and that is it......NO VOLUME....NOTHING!!!!:pat:

What next...a new satellite unit?? :dead1:

·
Administrator
13,065 Posts
Uhm....maybe they did but doubt an answer is forthcoming as this thread was last posted in over 4 years ago...until today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts