Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my car last week. But the idiots that washed it at the dealership used terry towels to dry it off! :pat:

So now it has light swirls that bug the @#[email protected]$ out of me! Any suggestions on the best way to remove those?

·
Banned
651 Posts
congrats on your new purchase, i suggest you put a fresh coat of wax on it in order to protect your paint.

Steps:
Claybar
cleaner wax
paste wax
buff like crazy

Stick with Miguiars, their stuff is the best

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
nice buy mate, I have had a few black cars now and the only product I use is Auto Glym Super Resin Polish, the results speak for itself, plenty of elbow grease and this is what you can achieve, Auto Glym is like new paint in a bottle :biggrin:

·
Banned
651 Posts
hey buddy put your shirt on

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I just bought my car last week. But the idiots that washed it at the dealership used terry towels to dry it off! :pat:

So now it has light swirls that bug the @#[email protected]$ out of me! Any suggestions on the best way to remove those?
Get a PC (porter cable). They are about $75 or so and a great investment if you plan on keeping your ride top notch. It is great for novice detailers as it does not generate too much heat to mess up your paint, but just enough to get those minor scratches and swirls out.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hey 1BAD300CTOURING,

Congrats on the new Car! :fing02:

A Porter Cable is a wonderful tool, when used injunction with Swirl and Haze Remover (SHR) results = Happy Swirl Free Paint!

It would also be a good idea to follow the SHR with a Polish and Wax.

Let me know if this Helps!

Thanks,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok now I know what a PC is. But still lost becuase there are several Porter Cable tools out there and I still haven't found the one that was mentioned to use to remove the swirls on my car. Someone please help! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
+1 on the PC..

Quick tip: Go buy some body parts from your local pick/pull yard to practice on.

There is plenty of info on this forum regarding swirl marks etc.

1. Wash (dawn)/ dry
2. clay
3. wash/dry
4. polish
5. seal or wax it.

Do your research and you will be a happy camper..:fing02:

Rmedina

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Ok now I know what a PC is. But still lost becuase there are several Porter Cable tools out there and I still haven't found the one that was mentioned to use to remove the swirls on my car. Someone please help! :dunno:
Here's the link to the website that Justin (from Adam's Polishes) recommends for the Porter Cable. Rambit ordered one recently and it arrived in one week (plus he lives in Canada).

http://www.tools-plus.com/porter-cable-7424.html

bruno

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I could be wrong but I think its not the PC that removes the swirls its the swirl remover,which ever product you decied to use that will take out the swirls.I think its the pads you choose also.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Here's the link to the website that Justin (from Adam's Polishes) recommends for the Porter Cable. Rambit ordered one recently and it arrived in one week (plus he lives in Canada).

http://www.tools-plus.com/porter-cable-7424.html

bruno
Why yes I did. At the time I ordered my detailing supplies from Adam's Polishes they were on back order. Justin gave me the Tools Plus link and mine was $99.95 plus shipping. To Canada this was $126 so I'm very happy about that.

When I spoke to the guy from Tools Plus he said they had just shipped 80 units to Adam's, so I think it should be fine to order from them now. I recommend getting the kit specifically for power buffing from Adam's. It has all the pads and supplies you'll need for a perfect job and is the only effective way to completely remove swirls. There's an excellent 1 hour DVD that comes with the kit as well. Don't forget there's a discount for 300cforums members too!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I could be wrong but I think its not the PC that removes the swirls its the swirl remover,which ever product you decied to use that will take out the swirls.I think its the pads you choose also.
Apparently this PC is the most popular buffer and is definately suited for this job. All you get is the basic machine if ordered alone.

The kit from Adam's has everything including an adaptor to easily change out the colour coded pads along with several bottles of swirl remover, machine polish, machine wax, applicator pads and cloths etc.

Bernie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for posting all of your suggestions, ideas, comments, and etc... :fing02:

Everyone on here is extremely helpful and awesome! Thanks again!

·
Registered
259 Posts
wog boy.. your ride is sick
and much love to the no shirt man. in Canada i can only rock that look for about 4 months, so for 4 months i step out of that front door and by the time i get to my car i am only wearing my suit pants lol
the exec's have been cracking up for a year now since they noticed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts