• Option 3 Hold button

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Option 4 Diablo off

Votes: 4 23.5%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Take control of your car and make yourself be a driver. Take the nanny off! Go with GSM torque mod if you can.

Moose.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I was .2 tenths quicker on my 0-60 with the g-tech with the diablo esp off than with the button held down off. You see with the lights on on the dash all the nanny controls the diablo disables.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Can you explain that?

It only costs $2...not $200...wink wink. A wire and a switch.
With the esp disabled through the diablo you get 4 warning lights. ESP, ABS, Mr. Squiggles and (I thinik) BAS or something. The Brake torque management system is totally disabled with the diablo. When I disable the esp with the button I leave 2 tracks when I burn out. With the diablo disable I pegleg. From all the reading I've done on this great forum I have learned that our cars use the Brake Lock Differential, meaning the only way this car has a posi is that the computer applies the brake to the spinning wheel until it evens out.

I feel that the car has 100% throttle with the diablo disable in first, where it feels much less with the button hold down. Diablo's response to all the lights on is that it is because of all the systems disabled.
ESP-torque management
ABS-Brake lock
Mr. Squiggles-combination of above?
BAS-No clue, but I feel its one less Nanny in there

Not sure if the switch has the same affect, but this car sure is a lot more fun to drive with the diablo.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I agree with Topfuel.

Hold down ESP button for 7 seconds and disable it that way.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
BAS-No clue, but I feel its one less Nanny in there
I think you're right, although I don't think it would affect you at the track. From SeriousWheels.com:

Brake Assist System (BAS) senses when a driver is braking in an emergency and immediately applies maximum available power boost. BAS overcomes the human tendency not to brake hard, or soon enough.
Have no info on that site's overall credibility, but I do think they've at least got this right.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I say get the diablo and disable it that way...
don't you get one tire spin?[/quote]
Yep, but I got my launch technique down. I'm .2 tenths quicker on the g-tech 0-60 with it disabled through the diablo. I can feel the car is a bit more hesitant in 1st without disabling it through the diablo. The whole point of the diablo esp off is that it allows 100% wot in 1st, where the factory limited the wot in 1st to protect there drive train/warranty abuse. I'm not sure if that switch mod does the same to reduce the %.

The pegleg issue brings up another question that other members on another forum have shot down. I'd think the quaife differential with the diablo esp off would improve the 60' time, 0-60 and 1/4 mile et. They say its the opposite. And this is coming from a few guys over there that are running 11s in the 1/4 mile.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I feel that the car has 100% throttle with the diablo disable in first, where it feels much less with the button hold down.
Don't take this wrong. You "feel" that, but do you know it for fact? Do you have any track data to back any of that up? I noticed you mention some electronic devise data, but I'm looking for track data. Again, don't take it wrong I'm just looking for solid information as it is an interesting point you bring up.

Moose.

·
Registered
903 Posts
No track data yet as I have been jinxed by rain or some other bs every time I try going to the track. You can really tell the difference with how easy the tire rips with the esp disabled through the predator too. When I had the crapy rsas on there it would rip them anytime you floored it when in first gear or even doing 20-30 in second. With the toyo 275s the traction is much better. With the esp off with only the button push they didn't rip like that at all. Probably due to the nanny control, the brake lock, and all that...

Moose, have you tried out the diablo yet? If not you don't know what you're missing. Have you seen my dyno chart? I know...bench racing, but at least it shows a solid gain in the same conditions.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
No track data yet as I have been jinxed by rain or some other bs every time I try going to the track. You can really tell the difference with how easy the tire rips with the esp disabled through the predator too. When I had the crapy rsas on there it would rip them anytime you floored it when in first gear or even doing 20-30 in second. With the toyo 275s the traction is much better. With the esp off with only the button push they didn't rip like that at all. Probably due to the nanny control, the brake lock, and all that...

Moose, have you tried out the diablo yet? If not you don't know what you're missing. Have you seen my dyno chart? I know...bench racing, but at least it shows a solid gain in the same conditions.
You mean have I tried Diablo ESP control? If that is what you are asking yes, but It kept putting my car in limp mode.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yep, I can't make u-turns or the tricky turn to get out of a low drive way without setting off that limp mode with the diablo esp off. I still use it because I am used to it. I really can tell a difference with the first gear acceleration though. I think that g-tech is pretty solid evidence either way.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
with the traction disabled with the diablo i have never peg legged.

ran a 13.07 last weekend with the diablo esp off and my burnout before resulted in both tires spinning!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts