Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I am new here, therefore don't know where to post this question.

Wanted to know how putting 20's or 22s affects the warranty. Will it void it? I read all my manuals and nowhere does it say that it will void the warranty. I am sure it will discontinue any service to the wheels or anything related to it. Anybody had any experience with this so when I call my dealer today, I have some backing.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Expect to have the warranty voided for any perf. mod. Mopar performance parts carry no warranty. I have called the dealer re: plugs and exhaust and was told the powertrain warr. would be voided. I imagine brakes, wheel bearings, and suspension would be voided because of the increased unsprung weight. Beware, if you call the dealer and "Corky" tells you the warranty will not be voided, don't buy it. My brother just had his 05 Caravan brakes replaced under warranty without any mods and only 3600 miles. Imagine if your brakes wear out with 20s prematurely, Corky will clam up and deny he ever said your warranty is still good. Historically Chrysler is masterful at denying warranty claims and to quote Malcom X, "By any means necessary", this would include your DUBs. These are opinions, not based on any experience but gleaned from conversations I have already had with my local svc. dept.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gues I will have to.....

Save the stock rims and put them on everytime I have to take it in for something worth in the warranty.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I think I will do the same for my TrueFlow air filter. I have heard of guys on the forum who report the dealer notes any mods when you bring it in for documentation. That's a real PITA having to remove the wheels, maybe some other guys with wheels who may have had some work done can chime in, still though you never know. It's always good to be "tight" with the service writer/mgr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts