Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run their 2014 in the quarter mile?
I ran mine on the street and used my built in timer in the car to see how fast it will go and it went 12.50 at 114 mph bone stock with a full tank of gas. I was wondering how accurate the timer is in the car?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
From what I've read there have been inconsistent results reported from the internal timer. Some folks have a very accurate one which they verified at a timed event.

The automotive press reports show a spread of 12.4 to 12.7 in the quarter. Of course, times will vary depending on driver skill, track condition, tire wear, ambient temperature and relative humidity.

What I'd do is take your car to the track and have some fun, comparing your timer against the track gear.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I ran a bone stock 12/13/14 SRT with my heavily modded C... there was nothing really in it at all, I run 12.5-12.6.... as these were street conditions with neither of us at our best I can see where 12.4-12.6 could be fairly close with a good run...

At a track is the only way to really tell...

Strong cars!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stock my 12srt did 13.070 at 111mph at a sanctioned track. Same as a DSG M3. Hoping to hit mid 12's this year, 0-60 the computer says I did 4.7

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
^ she has more in her with practice! Good runs pal! Not too shabby for a full size sedan!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just added the diablo tune and the car feels slower and best 0 to 60 is now 4.8

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 12SRT and ran 5 runs down the track and the 1/8 and 1/4 mile times were dead on with the built in telemetry and track timers. All these runs were prior to me finding out that holding down the traction control button turns off the ESC. My fastest times were 13.257(track timed) 13.3 car timed. I could feel the car being held back. The fastest 0-60 time I got with just traction control off was 4.9. Now with electronic stability control off I'm getting 4.4 0-60 runs and 12.5 in the quarter. Can't wait to go back to the strip to see if the numbers the car is displaying still holds true. I think the newer cars built in telemetry now runs off the front wheels so numbers are more accurate with the newer cars (saw this in a Hellcat video so it may not be out on current cars).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 12SRT and ran 5 runs down the track and the 1/8 and 1/4 mile times were dead on with the built in telemetry and track timers. All these runs were prior to me finding out that holding down the traction control button turns off the ESC. My fastest times were 13.257(track timed) 13.3 car timed. I could feel the car being held back. The fastest 0-60 time I got with just traction control off was 4.9. Now with electronic stability control off I'm getting 4.4 0-60 runs and 12.5 in the quarter. Can't wait to go back to the strip to see if the numbers the car is displaying still holds true. I think the newer cars built in telemetry now runs off the front wheels so numbers are more accurate with the newer cars (saw this in a Hellcat video so it may not be out on current cars).
I admire your honesty in telling your ET, a lot of guys claim under 13seconds on a bonestock 6.4L, it just isn't possible unless you change the rear rubber. I've got a diablotune, cold air and muffler delete and I recently dyno'd 460rwhp. But still pulled the same ET of 13,070 cause I'm on stock 245rears.

The timers have to be built in the rear cause I have a 3.7 0-60 logged on mine which is more on par with the Hellcat lol. These cars have a kind of secret sleeper power, I pull hard against my buddies 540whp stage 2 GTR, don't get me wrong he wins every time but from a 2nd gear roll he gets a good run for his money. I stayed even with a ferrari F430 on the highway 60-160kmh with 3 passengers in my car lolol.

Another member stated a couple years back that there is some speculation that the 6.4L was underrated from factory and has more like 485-510 crank hp. This would make sense as to why my dyno was nearly 100hp and tq over stock. If the stock crank was 510+10 from intake +20 from mufflar delete+ 15-20 diablotune, it all adds up. Btw a stock C63 coupe dynos 420rwhp, he was upset hehehe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I could see getting consistant mid 12 runs with ESC off and new rubber on the rear on an otherwise stock car. The videos I have on the strip are on very humid, very hot day. It was about 96 at sunset and humidity was around 85%. Its winter here now so I won't hit the track again until next summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ran 5 runs and a best of 12.9 @111mph, with the worst 13.2 @ 111mph.... with K&N drop in filter and rear resonator delete, johan tune....... was revving it to 6500rpm and checked my dyno sheet and it stops making power at 5700rpm, now with my home made custom true cold air intake and will get a new tune done hopefully with not over revving i will see a 12.7.

https://drive.google.com/a/raywhite.com/file/d/0B2evxJNveZjRUTI4Z3JDMGkzUUk/view?usp=sharing

1 - 20 of 34 Posts