Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered one with the HID headlights. The only car I have driven with factory HIDs was a 2004 BMW 530 that had the self leveling lights. Can someone with a 300C with HIDs tell me how they compare to the BMWs system? I have Xenarc aux HID lowbeams on my pickup truck and they are a big improvement over stock but they don't come close to the factory HIDs on the BMW.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i love mine

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I currently have an X5 with Xenons and I can not tell a defference compared to the C. All HID have that sharp drop off from the lit to dark transition, halogens on my other cars also drop off , they fade from yellow to black in the unlit part of the road. They don't have that horizontal cut off line from light to dark. They don't shine nearly as far or as bright and I would not hve a new car without HID. The self leveling does help (marginally) on inclines but is mainly to pacify all the panty whipped belly achers who whine to the DOT etc. about oncoming lights being too bright.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I am waiting the 3 months it takes to get an ordered 300C just for the HIDs. The one I test drove was equipped exactly the way I wanted except for the HIDs but I feel this awesome technology is worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I wish our 300C had them, she could not wait, we'd still be waiting if ordered. I wish the Magnum RT had it! Have them on E55 and had them on my 98 E430. Hate to drice without them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts