Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just wondering how long people have had their cars and how long they intend to keep them.
When younger I only kept my cars for 12 months (all second hand) and then got bored and looked for something new to fill my needs.(I do that with motorbikes instead now).

So in short I have had my black CRD for 15 months now (my first ever brand new car) and Intend to keep it at least until the warranty runs out and beyond..

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Had mine for 7 months and will keep it until something else takes my fancy..........................................

Stef

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes , had mine for 6 months and will have her poss 2 to 3 years unless something goes badly wrong:fing02:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Had mine six months and we're thinking about replacing our other car with an estate. Will keep until i fancy something different, though I can't imagine what, or until circumstances dictate.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had mine since Jan of 2006. At this point I have no plans to ever get rid of her.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
nov 05 and still loving her

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Had mine for about 3 weeks. Gonna keep it till it starts falling apart or something else better comes along (which I don't see happening any time soon).

I love my 300C :D

Or...

If another property purchase means selling it to free up some cash I would sell it in a heartbeat! Sorry, but property comes before cars in my book.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had the car for 12 months

find myself using motorbike & pushbike more with the good weather

Thought of getting a new 300 , as 24 month warranty is up this month, but new model not available until 2009 here in Ireland, so I might get a new one in a year or so.

going through a phase where a bicycle makes more sense at the moment

·
Registered
224 Posts
Had mine since november 04 and will hopefully get rid of it soon. dont get me wrong, i love it to death, but i'm in license trouble and i simply need a slower car. anyone want it for 17500?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Had mine since March 2006, at 76,000 miles, I will keep her until she dies, gets destroyed or 500,000 miles which ever comes first, will get a new challenger in March 2010, then the 300 will become my winter 'beater!' bEst car I ever owned, better than 1968 Hemi R/T!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Had mine for 11 months now and thoroughly enjoying it - best car ever. Normally I keep a car for around the 3 year mark to get the full advantage or the warranty and then sell on but already I am considering taking out an extended warranty and keeping it for longer - anyway that would to some extent defeat Gordon Brown and his panda, Alistair Darling and their cretinous taxes on new car purchase
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
3 years, 4 months.
Forever!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I purchased my '05 new, literally right off the truck when it came in at my local dealer. I've had a few transmission issues, but assuming they've now been resolved I intend to keep it, although I'll surely be tempted when the '09 Challenger comes out.

The primary reason I bought the 300C, to handle frequent highway trips, has gone away since my work situation has changed. So now I find I'm putting less than 5,000 miles a year on the car. But three years later, the car's almost paid for and still looks as good as the day I bought it. So for the foreseeable future, it'll be mostly garaged and used on the weekends. Who knows, in another decade it may be a low-miles classic!

·
Registered
623 Posts
We have had our 300C since October, and it was registered exactly a year ago.

There is currently nothing (except supercars etc) that has the imposing looks of the 300C. Even the expensive performance Audis are still bland and toned down. The 300C looks stunning, especially with the Startech body kit and twin sports exhaust.

To me it is the modern equivalent of the Granada Cosworth but far better. Even in 10 years it will still look sensational. Well done Chrysler for giving us something that broke the mould. The German companies have series of cars (Audi & BMW especially) that all look exactly the same which ever model you buy. For that reason, the 300C stands out in all it's full glory.

I dont plan to sell any time soon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine was two years on at the end of May and I've done 54K miles in that time. I love it and and will extend the warranty when it gets to 60K miles.

My last car (Merc E320CDi Estate) I ran up until 95K miles so I will probably do the same with the 300C and hopefully get another one but I'm going through a messy divorce at the moment so I don't know if I can afford another one.:worried:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Had mine since Dec '07 and keep promising myself I'm going to put some mileage on it, currently sitting at 9000 so I am obviously not enjoying the experience as much as I should be. Expect to hang on to her for the 3 years unless something better arrives on the scene but right now I'm way too happy!

50DD

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had it around 6 months, and intend to keep it till it rusts away (or i have to move to a house with a smaller drive)

Anyway, it's my first owned car, so it's kinda special. Just hope it lasts as it's not garaged :(

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've had my 2007 300C almost three months now, though I've been wanting one since 2005! I usually buy cars that are a couple years old (let someone else absorb the worst of the depreciation), then keep them for five or six years. This time I splurged - bought an '07 SRT Design with 985 miles on it (The dealer Finance Manager used it as his company car for a few months), but still got over $10K off the MSRP/sticker price. I have the lifetime powertrain warranty, so am planning to keep this one longer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had my 2007 300C for 4 months and will keep her until she dies!

I have a 74 year warranty!!!!:arms:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts