Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for 4 months now and my dealer seems to still not know when My car will be here, she doesn't even know when it will be built and I ordered it 4 months ago. How long have some of you waited? Is there something I can ask my dealer for that will prove that they ordered it? I'm starting to think that she never ordered it, especially since she's been trying to get me into other models that they have on the lot instead of the one I have on order. If I don't know anything or have a build date by the end of the month I'm going next door to the nissan Dealership and buying a 2005 Pikes peak white Nissan 350z, They have it in the showroom just waiting for spring :)

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
When you placed your order did you receive a VON#? If you have a VON# call DCX yourself and track the car. If you did not get a VON# DCX dosen't have your order.

I order three C's from three different dealers. The first dealer never gave me a VON# and after five month had not placed an order. The second dealer gave me a VON# and that car took 19 weeks to get. The third dealer screwed me (sold my car as I got to the dealership), but that car took eight weeks.

The bottum line is , if you don't have a VON#, DCX doesn't have your order.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I ordered my Cool Vanilla 300C back on August 3rd, 2004. I found out that it was
shipped from Brampton back on February 14th, and its supposed to be delivered to
my dealership on thursday, March 3rd!

That would make my wait 7 months, or 28 weeks!!

I was told all the same things as you. The dealer did not know anything about it,
and they really didn't seem to try to hard to find out. They did however want to
give me back my $1000.00 deposit, which at first, they said was non-refundable.
The District manager was non-responsive to my questions of why my car was not
added in to their allocation so I could get it. The sales manager and every other
person at the dealership didn't seem to know their ass from a hole in the ground either.

I told them that I knew why they wanted me to cancel my order, because they
knew they could sell the car for much more than I paid for it. I got it thru the friends
and family plan, which gave me the car for 1 percent below factory invoice. It saved
me about 4 thousand dollars versus the sticker price.

I said I would wait for it, and they would not get it to re-sell. I wanted the car,
and I could wait for it.

Anyway, I posted my whole story on the other forum we read, and a very nice
person up at the Brampton plant wrote to me, and said to e-mail him all the
information I had, such as the VON, and all the other info, and he found out all about
my car.

He found out when the order went in, what status it was in the whole time, and all
the cool details of the build. He found out that even though I placed my order for the
car on August 3rd, the dealer did not submit the order to Chrysler until October 4th,
two months after I placed my order! So its no wonder I had to wait so long!

This nice person up at the Brampton plant told me that once the orders
for the 2005 models were no longer being taken, which was around
January 22nd, 2005 or so, the plant is now building up all the outstanding
back orders until they are done, and then they would re-tool for the 2006
models, and start building them.

Then, the funny part was, that each time I found out some new info, I would call
my dealership and tell them what I found out, and then they would call me back a
day later to say that it was indeed true, and how did I know that? I would not tell
them how I knew, but it kept them on their toes. But, the fact that they would
verify my information told me that they could get it if they wanted to. So the stories
about not being able to find out information is bogus.

If you ordered your car 4 months ago, it is either being built now, or its finished,
and on its way from Canada.

I would wait if I was you. Your dealership probably wants you to cancel your order
so they can sell the car, and make a bigger profit off of it.

But, no matter what your salesperson is saying, the dealership CAN find out what is
going on with your car. You have to make more noise.

You can also e-mail the people right at Chrysler by going to the main Chrysler web
site, http://www.chrysler.com/home_flash.html and writing to them directly.

They will be able to tell you about your car, and its status if your dealer still
refuses to tell you anything. Also, be sure to mention to the Chrysler people what
your dealer is doing. They may not do anything about it, but it will get it off your
chest.

Jim

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sorry to rain on your parade JIM,

friends and family gives u 1% under factory. true how did u save 4 thousand dollars. 1000 for manufacturer rebate, 400 for the friends and family, what about the rest of i.t

·
Registered
859 Posts
I am comparing the MSRP or sticker price of the car, compared to the 1 percent
below invoice.

The invoice price of the car is about 3 grand less than the sticker. With the options
I ordered for mine, with the savings, it came to just under 4 thousand less than the
sticker. Remember, the invoice and MSRP or sticker are different.

However, it seems now that the dealers are adding "extra" things onto the MSRP
of the cars, and selling them for thousands above the sticker price!

So that will make the difference even bigger now.

I am not even factoring in any rebates or the $1000.00 cash back if you use
Chrysler financing. That would be on top of the 1 percent below factory invoice
price. That would give me about 5 grand under sticker if you want to
look at it that way.

Look at it this way. The MSRP of my car was $36,800 with the options
that I ordered.

The invoice of the car, with the same options was $33,500.

Now, if you take 1 percent off of the invoice, you get the price I am paying
for the car, which is $33,165.

So, its a savings from the MSRP, or sticker price, of $3635.

Now, add on to that the cash back of $1000. and I saved $4635.

Jim

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
we had a thread a while back "average wait time"
we who have ordered, seemed to have at least a 6 week wait, mine was 8 weeks (ordered early July got late Sept)
The plant has shut down a few times, problems with parts have slowed production, the charger and SRT8 and maybe some DCX business decisions have made the car an even longer wait.

All I can say is get your VON/VIN and be patient. You will also find that there is more info on this forum than what your dealer will have.

Gluck to all. You'll forget this all when your car arrives.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks to a forum member who was able to check for me I know now my 300c has been built. I ordered the car in November, Suppose to have it to the port of Baltimore no later than May 6th, than another three weeks to the port in Germany. :(

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Money down November '04, ETA November '05. Release date expected for Australia.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you guys are waiting forever over in the states. We have easy access to know where your cars are and how far they are down the line. There is an order book at every dealership that is updated each morning that tells the status of all vehicles on order. I can't believe the stuff that goes on at U.S. dealerships. Over here we bend over backwards for every customer and every customer in my city buys under the Employee plan (EVERYONE).

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
steve88,

there was an article a few weeks back in the detroit news discussing DCXs problem with customer service here in the states. A few of our Nothern members have stated that customer service is better than what it is here. hopefully, as the article has stated that service will get better soon!?!?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
tekhen said:
steve88,

there was an article a few weeks back in the detroit news discussing DCXs problem with customer service here in the states. A few of our Nothern members have stated that customer service is better than what it is here. hopefully, as the article has stated that service will get better soon!?!?
I was at my dealer yesterday having insurance pictures taken for my minor fender bender, and they must have about 20 300's in the lot with half of them C's, plus they must have another 15 Magnums on the lot, not sure what options were on the C's but here in Canada the base C is mostly loaded except for Nav, and the side cutains.The sunroof is now an option but was standard when I ordered my car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Dealer Isn't screwing me

Well I got the VON# and They told me that my build date is March 31st, Now lets just see if they stick to their word and give me payoff on my car like they said they would before. I have about 6 more weeks to wait and It should finally be here. Just about the same time that it will start getting warm here in michigan. It's going to be a wonderful spring and a Great summer!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts