Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members, just wondering what sort of mileage you guys out there are averaging. With fuel surely going to get to the horrific price of $2.00 per litre in the not to distant future that would equate to $142.00 big ones to fill up the tank.

Im interested in realistic driving, day in day out, the occasional squirt, the drive to work etc, city commuting.

It probaly has been covered before but Im keen to find out some figures now some of you are starting to put some kilometres on the girls, adding some mods, predators, exhausts, big wheels etc.

Cheers for now.

Qantasman

·
Registered
73 Posts
lucky if I get more than 350km out of a tank. Damn expensive!!!:pat:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are you using bp ultuimate or equivelent high octane fuel, to get that low milage, im getting arounr 460 ks and that driving above normal and playing with P platers mmm:pat: :pat: cheers be4st
your 460ks to a tank is alot lower milage than my 350ks to a tank........

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have averaged 22L per 100km since new ( 1 year)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Average 14 l/100km's, mainly commuting...

Had it down to 10.8 l /100 km on a run once (Mildura & back from Melbourne!). Seen it as high as 18 l / 100.

Tank range is typically 460-480 kms, although I've had over 600 a couple of times.

Maybe the wagon is more aerodynamic than the sedan?, or I must drive like a wus, (although the turbo Ricer didn't think so on the way home last Thursday hee hee..)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Running 12.5 litres/100km in the 5.7L with 75% highway running.

Tallied result from every fuel purchase over 18,000 km in a spreadhseet!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bagged SRT8 did you notice a increase in fuel consumption after you installed your new wheels and air ride system. Did you need to get your speedo recalibrated after putting the big hoops on. If fuel get up to $2.00 a litre that is about 40cents a kilometre.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bagged SRT8 did you notice a increase in fuel consumption after you installed your new wheels and air ride system. Did you need to get your speedo recalibrated after putting the big hoops on. If fuel get up to $2.00 a litre that is about 40cents a kilometre.
I know!!!! :pat: :pat: :pat: I'll have to start charging!!!
The suspension and wheels didn't make a difference that I have noticed. It's always drunk way too much fuel. :trink26: ........

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I noticed mine while I was away on holidays, I guess rolling nearly 40kg of 24" alloys each corner didn't help

I have averaged 22L per 100km since new ( 1 year)
Yeah that's about the same what I get....heres a Thread I did about it a while ago>>>>>>> http://www.300cforums.com/forums/australia-forum/55098-fuel-economy-something-not-right-here.html

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If fuel get up to $2.00 a litre that is about 40cents a kilometre.
Just recently I did a trip, travelled 3700km's and spent $1200 on fuel, most I paid was $1.71 lowest was about $1.54, I never bother using Premuim fuel I just use regular unleaded

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just recently I did a trip, travelled 3700km's and spent $1200 on fuel, most I paid was $1.71 lowest was about $1.54, I never bother using Premuim fuel I just use regular unleaded
Hi wog boy

I'm amazed yours runs ok on regular unleaded.
Mine run on premium since new but did use regular unleaded once (pulled up at the wrong pump & too lazy to move again to another pump). Thought it should be ok so gave it a try.

It pinged under light and heavy acceleration. No matter how light I tread on the throttle I could not avoid the pinging.

Next fill back to premium and the pinging stopped. Staying with premium for this one. Unfortunately costs a bit more :dead1:
Cheers

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hi wog boy

I'm amazed yours runs ok on regular unleaded.
Mine run on premium since new but did use regular unleaded once (pulled up at the wrong pump & too lazy to move again to another pump). Thought it should be ok so gave it a try.

It pinged under light and heavy acceleration. No matter how light I tread on the throttle I could not avoid the pinging.

Next fill back to premium and the pinging stopped. Staying with premium for this one. Unfortunately costs a bit more :dead1:
Cheers
Hi Jaffa, yeah I was also, doesn't ping at all, just powers on under light or heavy acceleration, on the other hand my brothers Ferrari almost pings its nuts off even on Premium, most times he even has to add a bottle of octane booster to the tank to spice it up and man I have seen his fuel bills and it aint as pretty as mine :arms:

·
Registered
561 Posts
my brothers Ferrari almost pings its nuts off even on Premium, most times he even has to add a bottle of octane booster to the tank to spice it up:arms:
Hi wog boy

Was chatting with the mechanic at the Ferrari/Lambo workshop in our work complex and he thought it unusual that your brother had to add octane booster to make it run properly :worried:

What about these SHELL tv ads that say their premium fuel was developed for Ferrari???? was it a special blend? :dunno:
Cheers

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hi wog boy

Was chatting with the mechanic at the Ferrari/Lambo workshop in our work complex and he thought it unusual that your brother had to add octane booster to make it run properly :worried:

What about these SHELL tv ads that say their premium fuel was developed for Ferrari???? was it a special blend? :dunno:
Cheers
Yeah Jaffa stuff me too, at least what ever he puts in there makes it run fast :biggrin: :biggrin:

SHELL you say, LOL that's where he usally fills up too

·
Registered
115 Posts
I get around 17-18 around town, but 11-11.5 when using the highway for long distance trips, i.e over 200kms.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a weird petrol tank, first half I get around 250k last half get about 100 or so (once I'm in the danger zone I start looking for a petrol station).
After the Predator tune and a CAI I'm getting around 14.5 to 16 , but if I start having fun i go from 17 to 18

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sydney Canberra return

Was pretty pleased with this result: 9.7 litres to the 100km. Don't usually pay attention to the kmage but this caught my eye.

Running Vortex 98 on 10 inch wide 22's at 50psi, cruise control on 110kmh 90% of the way, average temp approx 35C. Air con on 22C, iPod on, sat nav on, phone on the charger, lights on, sub woofers pumping.

(okay yes I was bored out of my scone on a 3 hour drive - racked up 1500kms this week and was just playing with the EVIC when this came up. Not bad photography for 110kmh an hour tho.......)

·
Registered
772 Posts
i average 15.4lt / 100km in my v6... ive got no idea how some of you v8 guys are averaging so low!

on highways i get down to 10lt / 100km doing 110 with cruise control on.

the worst ive seen is 17lt / 100km, that was when i pulled fuse11. never doing that again lol.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well the best i have ever seen is 8.9l per 100 had reset it just as entered the highway at Noosa and looked when i got to pine rivers bridge. most times now i get around town 16l/100km and highway down to around 11's

Mines a 5.7 V8 touring incase ppl don't know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts